After a while playing: Skull Merchant is the worst killer design ever.

I started loving the Skull Merchant on PTB, nobody seemed to know how to play, she could easily be looped, drones seemed like just a gimmick, it was actually fun.

After a while, the meta has come out. 3 gen, Call of Brine, Overcharge, Eruption. She comes to your gen, kicks it, places a drone and leaves. And that's it. GG. And the times I managed to survive it was a tortuous 40 minutes match until she decided to commit too long to a chase and my teammate had prove thyself.

I've also come to notice that there's no way to break a 3gen if she decides to defend an area. I just played against one where I thought "ok, let's play smart, we have to break this 3gen early" only to notice that once we did it, there was ANOTHER gen on the other side. And solo Q is worse, because at least in a SWF you can coordinate, in solo Q 3 gen is a given against a skull merchant because nobody fights for those gens until they realize it's too late.

You designed a specialized 3-genner. Every Skull Merchant plays like that now, defending the area from the beginning and forcing a 3-gen. I thought Knight was boring to play against since it shut down loops, but oh boy, compared to a 40 minute match against a skull merchant, playing against a knight is a rollercoaster of fun.

Comments