Hillbilly
Engravings
I consider myself a calm and reasonable person. At the very least, I do my best to give constructive and informative feedback.
Then, there are times like this when I simply have a word to say: No.
Okay, to inform why I think this nerf is misguided, I believe it's important to understand the utility of Engravings and why they're (almost certainly) his most picked add-ons.
Utility
Engravings are not used for mobility. Let's just get that out of the way. Sure, they do enhance it technically, but no one selects Engravings going, "yeah, I'll zoom across the map even faster!"
Engravings are used in a chase to curve around loops to get a hit. It's been a part of Billy since his release. Quite frankly, curving is what makes Billy fun. Not just to play, but to verse. Without Engravings, his ability to curve is substantially worse, and quite frankly, his chase is nowhere near strong enough to warrant it.
Even if you're the worst survivor imaginable and panic, the easiest counter is to... drop the pallet immediately. It's the same principle as versing Bubba. It's simple, easy, and effective.
It's a nerf in an aspect he doesn't need. The speed decrease is unneeded. Adding extra charge time on top of it is just a slap in the face.
Most picked?
Why are they his most picked add-ons? I don't have data, but I'm willing to bet my entire account that they are. Why's that?
Because his add-ons suck. I'm just being blunt. His other add-ons are either gimmicky or straight-up bad.
Gloves and Buckle only work if you overheat, which is the thing you want to avoid (and is harder now with the changes).
2 add-ons that affect his overheat, which is even more unneeded with the changes.
Helpers are too situational. Grease is even more. The effects are good but too hard.
Lopro is.... actually pretty good. It's one add-on that's purple, while Engravings are a lot more common though. Lopro is amazing though.
I don't even remember the rest because no one uses them because none help in a chase, which is the part that matters. His add-ons are just flat-out bad. Bad, bad, bad.
If you want to nerf the add-ons, at least make him faster basekit. Hear, I'll give you some numbers.
Base: 9.6m/s
Death/Yellow: 10%
Death/Green: 15%
There, done! I did that in two minutes. Just please, stop nerfing Billy, because despite the Overheat changes, the nerf to the add-ons is a net nerf to a killer that needs help more than anything.
Comments