Feedback: Developer Update March 2023
I’ll be explaining my opinion in an introduction and then elaborating on the Developer Update in order of appearance on the web document. For ease of reading, here is the link: Developer Update | March 2023 - BHVR
I’ll be explaining my opinion in an introduction and then elaborating on the Developer Update in order of appearance on the web document.
Overall the biggest discussion is healing speed. I have my fears it'll lead survivors to stronger strategies, like slamming generators and getting the free heal from Adrenaline. The problem is that survivors have easy ways to ignore healing, not that the base heal speed is too fast. Please don't nerf base healing speeds and leave them as is. Green med-kits needed to be nerfed a long time ago, I am glad to see it's finally happening.
Bloodweb Improvements & Visual Terror Radius
Nice, I’m glad to see it. The Bloodweb Chain is something I will always use, and I will occasionally use Automatic Purchase.
Autohaven Wreckers Update: Yes, so much yes. Maps are my personal biggest pain point in the game. The Blood Lodge and Gas Heaven changes will at least be refreshing.
I’m going to ask, could we please get an update for the Swamp too? Grim Pantry and Pale Rose can have wide swings in palette spawns and vaults, and some consistency would be nice. As well as new visuals. I endear the Swamp, but only getting 3 non-main building or shack palettes and no usable log vaults can lead to a boring match [And the inverse is true as well, too many vaults or palettes for the map].
Healing in General:
The most important factor with healing, is that in the current game state there are two perks that do not make the injured state dangerous. That being Dead Hard and Adrenaline. I strongly implore, please do not nerf the base healing speed. Nerf Adrenaline as well as Dead Hard. Adrenaline heals the survivor for working on generators. It’s already the strongest strategy in the game, to ignore the injured state and just focus on generators because survivors can use Adrenaline and Dead Hard.
Change Adrenaline to something like: “Once the Exit Gates are powered, gain the Endurance status effect and sprint at 150 % of your normal running movement speed for 6 seconds. This will make healing a game object the survivors have to engage with in some way. Which will increase perk parity of choice for killer and survivor.
Essentially, if Adrenaline is not addressed, the game designers will constantly be having to balance the game-state around it. Nerfing healing speeds all around will not even be a band-aid fix for the problem. Killers will be seeing Adrenaline in more matches if healing speeds are nerfed and Adrenaline stays the same. If the perk already saves the survivor 16 seconds, the reward is sweeter if it saves them 24 seconds.
Rebalanced Med-kits:
I'm glad they are being addressed. Time will tell whether the standardization is an improvement or not. Again, please keep the base heal speed at 16 and not 24.
Perk Updates:
Gearhead needs a change, who knows if this will be what sticks.
Overzealous is a good perk that's rarely used, time will tell if this is impactful or not.
Scourge Hook: Pain Resonance, If this perk can only have 4 instances can the gen regression be buffed to 25%? In game Pain Resonance can be used 8-10 times in a given match that's at least 120% generator progress. 4 hooks at 25% would be a nerf to 100% expected gen regression over the match.
Dead Hard (Thank you): This perk has had to have been a pain point for the designers for quite some time. Please let these changes go through. I’m tired of Dead Hard, on survivor I think about how many more fun tiles we could have, if Dead Hard didn’t exist. On killer, I'm already thinking about how more relaxing the start of the match will be.
Call of Brine and Overcharge: personally the issue is both perks ran together, I don't have an issue with them ran separately. However I can understand why it is probably easier to shave their numbers rather than add a new category to prevent them from being ran together.
Boon: Circle of Healing, I've always thought this perk was overrated. I'm surprised to see it nerfed just as I was surprised why any survivor would run it. I don't see many matches where Circle of Healing was beneficial to the survivors, if anything it was a distraction from doing generators. I'll be happy for the players who will be happy to see it disappear.
Killer Updates:
I'm surprised at the selection, but time will tell if these are improvements.
Bright Light Interaction Removal:
I actually thought this was really cool, so I'm sad to see it go. Especially against the Nurse. I have no idea if this is an overall buff or nerf for The Hag.
The Deep Rift and Beyond:
As long as Thalita and Renato get cool cosmetics I'll be happy.
Comments