The sad truth about the new Tomes
Dear People of the Fog,
I am a veteran Jeff Main with 5600 hrs and I have been playing this game since September 2018. Sometimes I really love this game, sometimes I'm not sure if I want to hate it, but I never stopped playing. It has been a constant throughout the last 4.5 years of my life. A constant where I got to know new people, even made some new friends.
I know, that my Issue with the Dev Update is laughable compared to other major problems which were put out there. I know that you as Devs need to think about what skins and Tomes make the most money, and I also know, that Jeff is not a very popular character.
But.....
I am angry, I feel forgotten, betrayed and treated unfairly. The Tomes exist for 3.5 years now, but I never, NEVER lost hope that I would see a bit more lore for my favourite survivor one day of a Mid-Chapter patch. NEVER until today, when I finally had enough time to read your Dev Update. Seeing that you completely removed the chance of some characters getting ANY additional lore, while some got 2(!) Tomes like Claudette or David is just unfair. Yes, I am speaking mainly about Jeff right now, because he is my Main and he suffers more than only neglectance in the Archives. He gets only few skins, half of them look similar (sorry to the designers), has gotten no event or themed cosmetics for years and is just this: FORGOTTEN.
The truth is, that this is not only the case for Jeff, some characters are even worse off than him: There are many forgotten characters who have been neglected by the Devs for ages or never seemed to get attention even when they were new. Tomes play an important aspect for these characters. They do not only provide a cosmetic for that character, but lore to explore, to like, to feel familiar with. All aspects which draw you towards them. All of this breaks apart with the new Mid-Chapter, where you will probably give the new characters additional lore like you did for the last few Tomes. This means that all original characters, Survivors and Killers alike, who did not get a dedicated Tome with lore yet, will NEVER get it. Feng (although she is NOT a forgotten character in ANY way!), Adam, Jeff, Zarina, Felix (also NOT forgotten I guess), Èlodie, Haddie, Oni, Deathslinger, Artist and Dredge will never get additional lore! All they might get are challenges and a green or maybe purple cosmetic.
This is very sad. I can understand you'd like to expand new characters' lore as soon as possible, but I really hope you reconsider your steps concerning the new Tomes until everyone had their lore expanded. In the beginning you chose 2 Survivors and 2 Killers with lore for each tome, now it is only one for each side. Why not dedicating half of the new tomes to new characters and the other half to old characters until everyone had their fair share?
You said yourself that you want to do something for the forgotten characters a while ago, so please keep your word and don't forget to treat them the same as the more popular characters.
Thank You.
Comments