Interesting question in the latest Dev Survey
Hi- I've just completed the current feedback survey and came across the question "How many survivors do you need to escape before you consider the match a successful win" (words to that effect anyway). Then the options were 1,2,3,4.
I found this interesting because, for me, I've always considered a successful survivor match one where I survive, regardless if other people do or not. Don't get me wrong, I will pretty much always aim to get my teammates out too, but I never consider that part of the win/loss criteria for my survivor game.
As there was no option for this on the survey, I was wondering am I in the minority?
If you die as a survivor, but your 3 teammates escape, do you consider that a win or loss?
Discuss
I found this interesting because, for me, I've always considered a successful survivor match one where I survive, regardless if other people do or not. Don't get me wrong, I will pretty much always aim to get my teammates out too, but I never consider that part of the win/loss criteria for my survivor game.
As there was no option for this on the survey, I was wondering am I in the minority?
If you die as a survivor, but your 3 teammates escape, do you consider that a win or loss?
Discuss
Comments
For me, a successful survivor match has akways been based on either a) my points or b) the fun I had. I don't care if I survive, if I earn 29k points because I saved everyone else, thats fine with me.
I've always thought
1 survivor dead is a loss
2 survivors dead is a draw
3 survivors dead is a win
4 survivors dead is flawless victory
As survivor I'm just happy if I make it out, but yeah it feels like a more comfortable exit if two of you make it out of the door. So I guess that is still a draw.
Also odd that 0 isn't an option. If everyone dies but it was a solid game and we all pipped, that's still a win for me.
I somewhat agree with @The_Crusader
If I escape or get sacrificed I don't care about as long as someone escapes.
I've had matches where a killer kept on downing my teammates and I've purposefully taken the agro, cause I'm a pretty good runner, and of course died but managed to have all 3 teammates escape. I see that as a victory.
If I'm left alone with another teammate I still work towards getting the last gens done instead of hoping for my teammate to die so I can get the hatch. Hatch escapes aren't really considered a win in my book cause we didn't succesfully do our objective.
For me, a win is getting a daily out of the way. Especially the "Open the Exit Gate with x character". But, yes, as long as I got plenty BP in a single category, or an escape, its a win for me.
As for Killer, it depends. I dont see it as "I won this match" or "I lost this match". I simply had one and I enjoyed it because x Killer is fun to play as.
I'm happy
For the killer 2 dead is a draw... 3 dead is a win