I feel like the devs need an attitude change on how they view balance
I get the feeling all they do is stare at a spreadsheet, see the pick rates for perks and nerf the top ones. They dont consider why theyre top.
Its a stupid way to try balance the game too. You dont want A B C picked as much, so you nerf them. So everyone starts using D E F because those perks were slightly below ABC, then because theyre the most picked DEF get nerfed.
Its a never ending cycle.
- The game should be balanced around the base game. Perks should be additive little things, instead theyve become massive gamechanges that can win over skill. A killer can outplay a survivor, survivor hits E, chase continues. Stuff like that. Skill should always win over perks.
Gen speeds are already a problem, and I dont see how this wont get worse after this patch. Devs will say " Survivors are going to spend more time healing, removing them from the gens "
I think survivors will just run adrenaline, resilance and ignore injured. Then because youve nerfed killer slowdown, gens will go even faster / smoother.
Killers will all go deadlock next, then deadlock will get nerfed. Then the next best perk will get picked, then that will get nerfed. This is an endless cycle because its a competitive game so people will always go best, especially with MMR.
I am at the point where id actually rather a no perk mode, skill vs skill.
Comments
Almost like it's a constantly evolving game
That doesnt make it good.
This is why there is a huge power creep and older killers get so left behind, because the game is so perk reliant now.
"Devs will say " Survivors are going to spend more time healing, removing them from the gens ""
I refuse to believe this informed their decision making on healing. Gen rushing comes from coordinates swfs. Swfs can also coordinate heals and don't need to run the entire map trying to find your team mate for a heal.
The only time I've seen Gen rushing in my solo q games is when I've been matched with a 3man swf who came prepared to do just that. And they'll still do that.