About add-ons

Hey! How's everyone?

So, I've been thinking about add-ons (yeah, it's unusual to me but I think from time to time. LOL) and I know yellow add-ons and brown add-ons are meant to be the most common buffs to be used but. Can green, iridiscent have some sort of buff but not so penalized? I mean, generally the bigger the buff, the bigger the penalty which, in part can be understandable but, if I spend all my blood points, why would I use some iri when I can combine a yellow / brown one and get more or less the same effect without a backside?


And also, there are killers who need certain effects on the add-ons

As an example

Trickster

Needs an add-on that allows him to move to 115% and make his TR 32 meters when he runs out of knives. Why?

Because a trickster without knives is a trickster without power and if you're mid-chase, you can not really afford to grab knives from a locker depending on the map

Deathslinger

More or less the same, without his arpoon, he should be 115%, there's no reason for him to move 110% (we can talk about Huntress as an example, she has an add-on that lets her move to 115% when she has no hatches).

I know, he can reload mid-chase... BUT he loses a bit of time when he does it, now I know about the fast reload add-ons but if I am close enough to guarantee a shot, I think I better just M1 at that point

And about his add-on that makes survivor exposed when they're at the limit of his arpoon, it's not that useful, now if you make the arpoon travels at least 1 meter more then it will have more worth

Sadako

Well, she does need an add-on that makes her a bit faster when demanifested, otherwise her power is not that useful because of her lullaby, that or an add-on that shortens her lullaby as she needs to demanifest herself.

Hag

Well, this one is hard to say for me because whether flashlights can be a pretty good counter to Hags, she does need some love and maybe make them stronger to flashlights or even harder to notice (like Trapper's traps)

Freddy

Freddy's trap are not really that good to slow survivors down for the short amount they have... an add-on that makes it a second longer may help


Demo

Well, Demo's in a tough spot because I am not sure if devs are allowed to touch him due to license stuff but if they can. Demo should have an add-on where the demogorgon receives a loud action notification when one of his portals is about to be destroyed (like 75%), so the demogorgon has a short time to react and decide to teleport or even walk there. I know he has KI but in order to activate it, he needs to use his power which slows him down.

I know it's not very long but I am still thinking about it.

Comments