Community Tunneling/Camping Experiment

New Otz video, new thing that everyone is talking about.

So, he played 60 games without hooking the same survivor twice and won 80% of them. Not terribly surprising for someone with 10k+ hours in the game, so not terribly informative.

But what about us non-cyborgs? We the plebeians, and bog average? I think we should come together as a community and try doing a no camping/no tunneling experiment and pool our data together, so we can see what we can learn.

Rules are simple: Don't hook the same survivor twice, and don't camp excessively (camping here would be lingering around a hooked survivor while not chasing anyone, let's say for 30 seconds or longer). Feel free to add rules or change them, to suit your needs. But make sure we know what your definition of camping or tunneling is!

Post as much or as little data as you want. Feel free to add videos or spreadsheets, whatever you want to do.

I was thinking I was gonna do about 10 games to get started. I don't have time to play DbD today, but I'm planning on playing tomorrow and posting the data I get.

Comments

  • Didn’t he say himself that the 80% win rate he got was because the survivors weren’t good? I’m pretty sure he said that he would need to tunnel against a coordinated survivor team

  • @Mystic_Mizu said:

    I wish we could have got some video evidence or at least one video to show us all that he did. What strategies he used, what perks he used, etc. Maybe we could've all learned something.

    well, he streamed the whole thing live. A lot of of the vods might still be up

  • Only if the survivor community agrees to a no genrushing rule, meaning they can only work on one gen at a time and only one person on that gen with no toolboxes or gen speed perks involved

  • @Mystic_Mizu said:

    I wish we could have got some video evidence or at least one video to show us all that he did. What strategies he used, what perks he used, etc. Maybe we could've all learned something.

    This post from earlier today has a video. I didn't watch it but might give you some useful info.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/368793/otzs-tunneling-experiment#latest

  • @dollidahlia said:

    Didn’t he say himself that the 80% win rate he got was because the survivors weren’t good? I’m pretty sure he said that he would need to tunnel against a coordinated survivor team

    At the very least, that means around 80% of survivors (that Otz vs'd) aren't that good. Not like it comes as a surprise, but still.

    I'm interested to see how we do.

  • Actually planning on doing a 50 Demogorgon games to test the accuracy of the SBMM system, so it would be a nice practice run on keeping tally on important bits of information.

    Quick question, how are we going to define tunneling? If I hook a Mikaela, start a chase with a Kate, down her, hear that Mikaela is unhooked, hook the Kate and then immediately go for Mikaela, that's technically not hooking the same person twice, but I can hardly imagine her agreeing that she isn't being tunneled.