Fortnite runs at 60fps on smartphones, why is DbD struggling?

I normally don't care about fortnite like many here (I actually hate this game) but I just saw the titel in my subscription box and my first thought was: "wait a second.. Fortnite, a much heavier game than DbD runs 60fps on an iPhone but DbD struggles so much on consoles and PC? ######### is going on right now?"

https://youtu.be/IPxcEzthAXg
As far as I know fortnite runs on unreal engine aswell tho.
After seeing this I expect some huge performance enhancement with the optimisation patches coming soon

Comments

  • Optimization patch ... Coming soon ... yes...

  • Epic Games is owned by Tencent, who also owns Riot Games who owns League of Legends so they're nowhere near Behaviour.

  • Epic Games is owned by Tencent, who also owns Riot Games who owns League of Legends so they're nowhere near Behaviour.

    Uhm, thanks for the information I guess? What his this to do with the topic lmao?
  • @DwightsLifeMatters said:
    ReneAensland said:

    Epic Games is owned by Tencent, who also owns Riot Games who owns League of Legends so they're nowhere near Behaviour.

    Uhm, thanks for the information I guess? What his this to do with the topic lmao?

    Money.
    Experience.
    They can hire better coders.
    You know....

    Money can do anything.
    And well....unfortunately Epic Games is THE It company right now.

  • @DwightsLifeMatters said:
    ReneAensland said:

    Epic Games is owned by Tencent, who also owns Riot Games who owns League of Legends so they're nowhere near Behaviour.

    Uhm, thanks for the information I guess? What his this to do with the topic lmao?

    Money.
    Experience.
    They can hire better coders.
    You know....

    Money can do anything.
    And well....unfortunately Epic Games is THE It company right now.

    They are using the same engine and cooperate together if I'm not miss informed.
    Also this doesn't excuse such a big gap between a SMARTPHONE 60fps and a Ps4 hardly hitting 30fps. That's just to much difference.
    Also didn't behaviour spend millions of dollars to buy the rights of Starbrezze? I don't think that money is the issue here.
  • @DwightsLifeMatters said:
    ReneAensland said:

    @DwightsLifeMatters said:

    ReneAensland said:

    Epic Games is owned by Tencent, who also owns Riot Games who owns League of Legends so they're nowhere near Behaviour.
    

    Uhm, thanks for the information I guess? What his this to do with the topic lmao?

    Money.

    Experience.

    They can hire better coders.

    You know....

    Money can do anything.

    And well....unfortunately Epic Games is THE It company right now.

    They are using the same engine and cooperate together if I'm not miss informed.
    Also this doesn't excuse such a big gap between a SMARTPHONE 60fps and a Ps4 hardly hitting 30fps. That's just to much difference.
    Also didn't behaviour spend millions of dollars to buy the rights of Starbrezze? I don't think that money is the issue here.

    I'm also saying you can't compare them to a big dog company.

  • "hate this game"
    "subscription box"


    All memes aside, there's nothing i can add: I just simply agree that this game should be running at 60 FPS on ALL maps with ANY Killer on AT LEAST Medium settings for MOST players.

  • Boss said:

    "hate this game"
    "subscription box"


    All memes aside, there's nothing i can add: I just simply agree that this game should be running at 60 FPS on ALL maps with ANY Killer on AT LEAST Medium settings for MOST players.

    Digital foundry is a good channel to subscribe if ur interested in games in general, obviously games like fortnite are topics aswell, can't change that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 
  • This is an awkward comparison. Yes, DbD and Fortnite are using the same Game Engine. But so do many other games, which aren't nearly performance that well.
    Using the same engine doesn't mean that much. You als have to consider assets, and how stuff is coded. You can critizies how the optimisation of the game, but a comparisn like this doesn't make much sense.

  • Didnt Friday the 13th have unreal engine. That game ran pretty well on consoles from what I remember. Surely if they can run that game at some good fps on console than Dead by Daylight should be able to have some good console fps. Every other game I've played was optimized really good for console yet DbD is the first game I've played that was this poorly optimized. The new engine helped out a bit for me but not by much 
  • This is an awkward comparison. Yes, DbD and Fortnite are using the same Game Engine. But so do many other games, which aren't nearly performance that well.
    Using the same engine doesn't mean that much. You als have to consider assets, and how stuff is coded. You can critizies how the optimisation of the game, but a comparisn like this doesn't make much sense.

    What else should I compare? DbD with DbD? Ofc it's breaking down how optimal games are coded captain obvious, that's the whole issue of DbD. 
  • Because that's what happens when you decide to constantly release more skins instead of improving the game and you think that everything you do is a pretty good job. Standards.

  • Because that's what happens when you decide to constantly release more skins instead of improving the game and you think that everything you do is a pretty good job. Standards.

    Not really skins but more like because of DLCs, since skins aren't really part of the job from the coders. I would like if they stop pushing DLCs for at least 6 months and focus on coding. And meanwhile pushing more skins to get money.
  • @DwightsLifeMatters said:
    Freudentrauma said:

    This is an awkward comparison. Yes, DbD and Fortnite are using the same Game Engine. But so do many other games, which aren't nearly performance that well.

    Using the same engine doesn't mean that much. You als have to consider assets, and how stuff is coded. You can critizies how the optimisation of the game, but a comparisn like this doesn't make much sense.

    What else should I compare? DbD with DbD? Ofc it's breaking down how optimal games are coded captain obvious, that's the whole issue of DbD. 

    Games with similar budgets, similar Asset quality, similar amount of stuff happening during a game? A battle royale game like Fortnite isn't compareable, just because it uses the same engine. Like I said. You can critizise the game for it's bad optimisation for consoles. That's not issue. But coming here with "If Fortnite manages to run at 60fps on smartphones, while DbD runs at poorly on a One X." then that's a bad comparison in my opinion.

  • @DwightsLifeMatters said:
    Freudentrauma said:

    This is an awkward comparison. Yes, DbD and Fortnite are using the same Game Engine. But so do many other games, which aren't nearly performance that well.

    Using the same engine doesn't mean that much. You als have to consider assets, and how stuff is coded. You can critizies how the optimisation of the game, but a comparisn like this doesn't make much sense.

    What else should I compare? DbD with DbD? Ofc it's breaking down how optimal games are coded captain obvious, that's the whole issue of DbD. 

    Games with similar budgets, similar Asset quality, similar amount of stuff happening during a game? A battle royale game like Fortnite isn't compareable, just because it uses the same engine. Like I said. You can critizise the game for it's bad optimisation for consoles. That's not issue. But coming here with "If Fortnite manages to run at 60fps on smartphones, while DbD runs at poorly on a One X." then that's a bad comparison in my opinion.

    "that's... An opinion.“
  • @DwightsLifeMatters said:
    Digital foundry is a good channel to subscribe if ur interested in games in general, obviously games like fortnite are topics aswell, can't change that ¯_(ツ)_/¯ 

    Why does my quote have a giant font size?

  • This comes down to the dev teams.... in one hand we have a team that was pushing to be good and wasnt really in a rush to put it out...  in the other hand we have a team that has stated multiple times that they werent expecting their game to be this big and to not last as long as it has... so with this sort of statement you know that the team wasnt planning for the long run therefore minimal effort went into optimization/coding and such and it has taken over 2 years for the team to realize that they have something they could build on...