Why is this bugfix patch 23GB for me?

I logged into steam and it showed me a 1GB download for the patch but it wouldn’t start downloading so I exited steam and restarted. Once I logged back on, it’s now got me downloading a 23GB download. What the hell is this? One of my friends is downloading it and it’s showing as 1GB for them.

92A9AF91-38CB-45BA-9C41-FE47DB2B98AD.jpeg


Comments

  • I loaded the game up and other than this new genmat stuff it seems to be fine. I’d still like to know why this update was so big.

  • @BougieBlackChick said:

    I logged into steam and it showed me a 1GB download for the patch but it wouldn’t start downloading so I exited steam and restarted. Once I logged back on, it’s now got me downloading a 23GB download. What the hell is this? One of my friends is downloading it and it’s showing as 1GB for them.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/TFDBZ2AAVC75/92a9af91-38cb-45ba-9c41-fe47db2b98ad.jpeg

    #justunrealenginethings

  • @BougieBlackChick said:

    I loaded the game up and other than this he may stuff it seems to be fine. I’d still like to know why this update was so big.

    A lot of dbd gets repatched when an update happens.

  • That's certainly unusual. It's possible, but unlikely, that some of the game files were corrupted before updating or when the update was interrupted. If that happens, Steam will detect any files that don't look right and redownload them to fix it.

    If you get a large update like this again, please let us know!

  • @Peanits said:

    That's certainly unusual. It's possible, but unlikely, that some of the game files were corrupted before updating or when the update was interrupted. If that happens, Steam will detect any files that don't look right and redownload them to fix it.

    If you get a large update like this again, please let us know!

    Will do, thank you.