Eruption's Nerf Was Well Handled

I know a lot of people were losing their minds when they saw the patchnotes because they saw that a Killer perk had been nerfed but a Survivor perk had been buffed, but I honestly think the approach BHVR took was well done. But you might be asking "how does that make any sense, they took something away from Killers and buffed Survivors?", and I honestly think BHVR had different intentions with the changes they made.

When Eruption was getting nerfed, people on the PTB could actually test the changes made, but not everyone has access to the PTB, as Console players have no way of playing the PTB. So while PC players can transition to other perks (if they wanted to), Console players were left in the dark as for what they would prefer to run. When these changes would come to the live game, this would leave players vulnerable to "Gen-Rushing" perks/items.

I think the intention behind buffing Any Means Necessary was to provide something to distract players away from "Gen-Rushing" perks/items so Console players could properly transition into different perks that better fit their playstyle. And guess what, for most matches, it worked, since (of course) people would want to see how the perk feels to use after it's change, and Killers were able to transition into what works best for them.

Comments

  • I think you're reading waaay too much into it.

    Eruption wasn't even supposed to be changed this patch. It was being saved for the mid-chapter, but was bumped up to now due to popular demand.

  • @GrimReaperJr1232 said:

    I think you're reading waaay too much into it.

    Eruption wasn't even supposed to be changed this patch. It was being saved for the mid-chapter, but was bumped up to now due to popular demand.

    Yes but this is not even the first time BHVR has done something like this before. BHVR has provided distractions from players to drive attention away from certain elements of the game multiple times before since theyve done it with even more controversial things. It's also not uncommon to see other developers do this as well, since it's a common thing in the game development industry.