I'm Just Going To Say It... I Kinda Like Skull Merchant!
She really isn't as badly designed as all the pre-patch talk made her out to be. I like the drones. I like her semi-stealth aspect. I like her cyber claw weapon. I like her 3-gen style of play. There are times when playing her just feels oppressive to the survivors and times when she doesn't shine all that brightly. (in other words somewhere close to balanced) Overall, she's perfectly playable and has a unique niche. I've seen her compared to various killers, but I think she is most closely comparable to The Doctor.
With all that said, if it was purely up to me, I would completely redesign her mori. She's the technology killer and all she does is a knockoff of Freddy. They could have come up with a million cooler designs. Like if I was designing it, I would have her strap a bomb onto the survivor and then 300 style kick the survivor away and turn her back as they explode. I also think the add on that reveals survivors auras for 6 seconds when they enter an active drone area should be base kit. It only makes sense. But even if they didn't change anything, I'd still play her.
Comments
You've expressed an illegal positive opinion about SM, you're gonna have have to give your address so your copy of DBD can be turned in.
More seriously though yeah she's great fun and I think she has more build diversity than most killers due to her add-ons. I would agree she's pretty close to doctor in terms of being an information based killer with some situational antiloop in her add-ons. Her mori is pretty simple yeah but they did improve it from PTB so it's okayish now. If it were me I would have had it been a quick dramatic slash with the silhouette of blood spurting out of the survivor and made it look like a manga panel but maybe that would have been too much work idk.
Well, I guess I'm glad some people are enjoying her.
She's objectively poorly designed though. Like, I enjoy Legion. Does that mean that I think he's a well-designed Killer? No, just means I like playing him.
Good for you. It's nice that at least some people do enjoy her.
Objectively though, I agree with @Pulsar that Skull Merchant is poorly designed. Her biggest strength is 3 genning. That will never be fun to play as or against for a large part of this game's playerbase.
I still don’t think her 3 gen is as strong as people make it out to be, but designing a killer with only the power to guard things and nothing to help in chase is objectively flawed.
I don't necessarily think that is true. There is more than one way to win a chase. This is a killer that has a lot of add ons that can fundamentally change her playstyle. And playing zone control isn't "wrong". It might not be for everyone. But there are 30 other killers to choose from that might fit your preferred playstyle.