Buff Amanda's Letter

In its current state, I find this add-on to be highly map dependent and almost never worth the penalty of losing 2 RBTs. Here is a way it could be buffed:

Current:

  • When crouched, the Auras of all Survivors within 16 metres are revealed to you.
  • Reduces available Reverse Bear Traps by 2.

Buffed:

  • When crouched, the Auras of all Survivors within 16 metres are revealed to you.
  • When crouched, the intensity of the Aura of Generators reveal their Repair progression.
  • Reduces available Reverse Bear Traps by 0.

The extra Repair information would make the add-on less restricted to a small handful of indoor maps and make it easier to sneak up on people working on generators. I don't think the add-on is strong enough to come with a penalty to RBT count. It is an "add-on" not a "remove-from" after all! ;)

Please let me know what you think.

Comments

  • @Defend said:

    There's around one iridescent for every killer that amplifies a part of the power drastically, but in return penalizes another aspect of the killers power. A few examples would be

    • Iridescent Head for Huntress that focuses on lethality but you only get one shot
    • Same with Redhead's Pinkie Finger for Clown (but with a reduced penalty)
    • Nurse's Matchbox that restricts your power for more movement speed

    Etc etc, so for Amanda's letter that focuses on using your ambush more than your traps, that part of her power should be amplied even more instead of reducing the penalty.

    Things like:

    • Increased crouchspeed
    • Delayed Roar when charging your ambush
    • Increased speed/duration of the charge

    All of those would highlight a ambush-type play-style more.

    I think we agree that the current aura-reading effect provided by the add-on is insufficient to warrant the penalty of losing two traps. While I believe that keeping the aura-reading ability and removing the penalty would be a suitable way to buff the add-on, I am open to the suggestion of keeping the penalty and amplifying the positive effect. However, we must consider that the RBTs are the backbone of Pig's kit, and losing half of them is a tremendous downside. Therefore, I think the amplification needs to be significant to counteract this.

    Your ideas to increase crouch speed and introduce a delayed roar etc. would undoubtedly enhance the strength of her stealth and ambush, but personally I would prefer for these features to be integrated into her base kit. At present, utilising stealth and ambush is a frustrating experience, and I don't believe it should be necessary to rely on this add-on for basic viability in these areas.