The new chapter is coming

Be honest and do not have a hive mindset. If you honestly feel one way or another that is okay.

What do you like or hate about the new killer?

What do you like or hate about the twin survivors?

Is the reworked maps still too big or is the visuals enough for you?

Are you buying the chapter from the game store, with auric cells, shards or not buying it?

Will you buy the new outfits that are going to come with the update?

What are the builds you are going to run if you have the new perks?

What are your thoughts on anything and everything that is coming with the update tomorrow?

Go ahead and answer anything you want. I just want the honest truth.

Comments

  • @Doomzilla said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3363351#Comment_3363351

    This killer is not a comparison to knight, you people do this every chapter “X is another Y!” You don’t even play X. If the new killer is bad, just say that.

    There are distinct similarities in the mechanics of the power though. You place your power in a particular spot, this creates a radius survivors have to avoid to prevent triggering the power, if they do trigger it, they're potentially forfeiting a health state.

    It's like putting Ghostface's stalking mechanic onto one of the Knights Guards and having them stalk for you.

  • @Hannacia said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3363353#Comment_3363353

    She has the power to patrol 3 gens just like knight does. That is why she is similar to me. She doesnt have chase power. At least knight has a little bit more going for him. Also looks cooler, and doesnt have stolen mori from Freddy.

    Oh yea, I agree Knight is just better overall. she really isn’t anything like the knight though, outside of a broad strategy they may share (which I don’t think she could even do as well considering she is super basic m1).

    the reason I also don’t like the comparison is because Knight is misattributed as “just a 3 gen killer” when that’s the crayon muncher play style of Knights. There are much better 3 gen killers than Knight who also don’t identify by that single strat.

  • @Doomzilla said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3363355#Comment_3363355

    Oh yea, I agree Knight is just better overall. she really isn’t anything like the knight though, outside of a broad strategy they may share (which I don’t think she could even do as well considering she is super basic m1).

    the reason I also don’t like the comparison is because Knight is misattributed as “just a 3 gen killer” when that’s the crayon muncher play style of Knights. There are much better 3 gen killers than Knight who also don’t identify by that single strat.

    Knights best tactic was to 3 gen the survivors and patrol between them before he got his buff. Even now it works, but eruption made it even worse and eruption being nerfed knight can't rely on that perk anymore. Now i think knights can play a little bit more "normally", but that is the reason i compared her to the knight.

    For sure knight has more going for him and in my books is at least somewhat original character with his helpers and power. This new lady is very disappointing.

    She feels rushed to me and kinda like an afterthought. Maybe they just really ran out of ideas and needed to put something together and we got this.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3363353#Comment_3363353

    There are distinct similarities in the mechanics of the power though. You place your power in a particular spot, this creates a radius survivors have to avoid to prevent triggering the power, if they do trigger it, they're potentially forfeiting a health state.

    It's like putting Ghostface's stalking mechanic onto one of the Knights Guards and having them stalk for you.

    And comparing them is like comparing Ghostfaces stalk to Knights guards - different interaction, similar results. The radius placing isn’t similar because you aren’t placing a radius, you’re pathing an AI. You can actually make reactionary decisions with Knights power based on information like aura reads, you can’t really do that with skullmerchant because she can only place the drones where she’s at, you might as well compare her to trapper then.


    also, guards have an element of stealth and surprise to them depending on the distance and intervening los blockers. With a drone, survivors will always know when they are in danger of entering the space of one, and once it’s placed, there is no more to think about, as even if the killer chased you into it, at worst you let them injure you and hold w and their one power is useless. If you try that with a knight, the knight loses nothing as at best you get injured and then chased by both guard and knight, so now you have to hold w, or at worst the knight just gets his power back and now any loop you run to is a major risk if the killer is vaguely familiar with how to play spirit (And yes, I do think Spirit is an overall better comparison for Knight than Skullmerchant).

  • @Hannacia said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3363380#Comment_3363380

    Knights best tactic was to 3 gen the survivors and patrol between them before he got his buff. Even now it works, but eruption made it even worse and eruption being nerfed knight can't rely on that perk anymore. Now i think knights can play a little bit more "normally", but that is the reason i compared her to the knight.

    For sure knight has more going for him and in my books is at least somewhat original character with this helpers and power. This new lady is very disappointing.

    Well we definitely can agree on the disappointment aspects for sure. I will also say Knight before his changes that were actually quite impactful in giving him his own personality, were essential and really made him an underrated stand out for me. If the Skullmerchant can receive some changes in the vein of Knight, then I’d definitely be more amenable to that comparison (Idk what they could even do tho tbh)

  • The perks are pretty uninteresting. The killer could be fun enough after the tweaks. I'd still be more excited for basekit changes to older killers. Pigs crouch and ambush time, most of Freddy, Clown. So many outdated killers that could be improved instead of adding more.

    I'll get the killer with Iri Shards and see if I bother playing more until the midchapter with the perk reworks. I'm tired of DH, and all the useless survivor and killer perks.

  • I plan on buying with shards to keep my platinum, and if I'm not reconvinced that she's worth it she'll be immediately abandoned after her achieves are done. Survivors are likely being reboxed after their adepts as well. I'm willing to have my mind changed on her, but everything I've seen just seems uninteresting and unfun for me.

  • I'm looking forward to it. Been wanting to have another information based killer and it looks like she will be able to fill that niche. She reminds me of Mortal Kombat so the looks don't bother me at all.

    General concensus seems to be that she's very weak but with the dbd community that doesn't mean much.

    I know of another m1 killer everyone thought was weak who turned out to be in the better performing killers.

    Perks look allright, nothing too strong but fun to try out stuff with. Going to really look forward stomping on survivors that desperatly want to make bloodrush work.

    Don't really care about how the survivors look but it is neat that they are twins. Teamwork perks could be cool but need some tweaking, as in a scissor to cut out that rediculous cooldown

    Overal looking forward to it. Not going to say i'm superhyped or anything but excitted

1 2 ›