Huntress' Facecamping Issue and My Proposed Solution
So, two games in a row now, I've faced a Huntress who facecamped a survivor to death, allowing her to snowball into a 3-man slug. Granted, we played it poorly, but these games made me realise that I've gone weeks without a Huntress that did not facecamp. Compare that to the king of facecamping, Bubba, who sit at a comfortable ~20% of my games against him camping that face.
Huntress is a very good facecamper, only really beaten by aforementioned Big Basement Boy Bubba. Why is she a good facecamper? Because she has a very short cooldown on a hatchet throw, regardless of if it hits or not. Her hatchet-into-M1 combo is virtually the same as an instadown when it comes to a single survivor trying to unhook. Particularly in the basement where she has reloads right down the stairs. There is simply no trading hooks against her in this situation.
Now, for an entirely different killer. Dredge. Dredge is nowhere near like the Huntress, but he does have a facet that holds my proposed solution to Huntress' issue. Dredge has a particular mechanic that I initially found a bit strange, until I realised why it was happening.
Dredge suffers a slight stagger after returning to his remnant if said remnant is close to a hooked survivor. This prevents him from, say, grabbing a survivor trying to unhook immediately after coming out of a teleport. This is, obviously, a measure put in place to prevent camping. More recent killers like Artist and the upcoming Skull Merchant have a similar measure, so it's clear it's something the devs are interested in.
So, what is my proposal? Essentially, implement something similar to Huntress. What it boils down to is to make her cooldown after throwing a hatchet longer if she is near a hooked survivor. I'm not sure how long it should be, 'cause we obviously don't want it to be too long either. I'm sure that's something that can be fine-tuned, however.
Comments
I agree that she has a small cooldown, perhaps it is worth increasing it if she is near the hook at 16 meters? I think making a bigger ax cooldown near the hook would be fairer than just increasing her base ax cooldown. Since it won't affect normal killers, only toxic campers.