Remove Depiping when a survivor instantly DC or kills themselves on hook

I think the idea of losing a pip due to a survivor instantly disconnecting or killing themselves because they got downed too quickly especially when they is 5 gens left is ridiculous and absurd or they just crashed/internet issues. It puts the whole remaining team at a disadvantage which essentially is a free win for the killer. This usually ends up you losing pip most of the time depending on what grade you are and losing MMR too. This does not make any sense and is unfair to the remaining survivors. It's also not that great of an experience for the killer too because it's just too easy of a win and you want more of a challenge. I say this as a person who plays killer 40% of the time.

A suggestion for what could be implemented is:

  • When there is 4-5 generators left in the trail and a survivor disconnects, all remaining survivors in the trail are at least guaranteed a safety pip.
  • A survivor whom instantly kill themselves on hook (using all their escape attempts in quick succession and missing second phase skill checks before someone can save them) guarantees a safety pip for all remaining survivors in the trail. If someone did save the the person who wants to "kill themselves on hook" in Phase 2 remains stationery and gets hooked again or they genuinely want to play now and gets tunnelled out, the remaining survivors are still guaranteed a safety pip.

The only issue is I see with this is that the "killing themselves on hook" might be hard to implement into the game as there is too many conditions around it and hard to differentiate. It is also very debatable and very intricate to balance out. That's why a guaranteed safety pip due to a survivor disconnecting early into the game should be implemented first rather than the killing themselves on hook scenario.

Comments

  • Any thoughts on this?

  • Killing yourself on hook and legitimately trying to unhook yourself are legitimately difficult to tell the difference of, as is missing the second skill check on the hook so that the hatch will spawn sooner.

    That being said yeah. There is literally no reason everyone should be punished because one person DC'd at a minor inconvenience and doomed everyone else to an unwinnable game. If someone DCs, then they (and only they) should be punished for it.

    I mean come on, even Nintendo knows to do this.

  • The only person who should be punished is the person who dc.


    Right now it's such a joke, on average as killer I get 1 dc per games.


    I had trouble ranking up solely because of how the score calculation work.


    I myself don't bother anymore...

  • The only person who should be punished is the person who dc.


    Right now it's such a joke, on average as killer I get 1 dc per games.


    I had trouble ranking up solely because of how the score calculation work.


    I myself don't bother anymore...

  • I think they should just give five or ten pips per round, no matter what happens. That way you can watch the little dots or whatever go up and feel warm and fuzzy.

  • I guess I was wrong, but I thought you could not depip when a fellow teammate dcs. It happens very often, and I think there's a message in the end saying something like 'You've been abandoned' and automatically get 0 pips. Either way, not losing pips seems fine but having a guaranteed pip doesn't seem right.

  • @Z0mbiv0r said:

    I guess I was wrong, but I thought you could not depip when a fellow teammate dcs. It happens very often, and I think there's a message in the end saying something like 'You've been abandoned' and automatically get 0 pips. Either way, not losing pips seems fine but having a guaranteed pip doesn't seem right.

    I'm suggesting a guaranteed safety pip which means you don't lose pip not gain pip.