Getting really tired of the toxicity plaguing the playerbase
Had a match against a Huntress. The match wasn't going poorly for her and yet when she downed me, she proceeded to slug me and stand on top of me, leading to me bleeding out. I had not shown any BM before this or been the slightest bit toxic. When my teammates got the last generator repaired I got instantly slapped back down after Adrenaline popped and there was nothing my team could do to save me from this and I bled out on the ground.
I had not been hooked ONCE when the killer slugged me and made me bleed out, effectively holding the game hostage for me because if I were to DC when it became clear that the Killer had no intention of hooking me I would have been the one hit with a penalty.
I was downed literally right next to a hook. There were no other survivors nearby with two other survivors left in the match aside from myself. I was not running Boil Over. I was not trying to be difficult in any way, shape or form; I was just trying to unhook hooked survivors and work on gens. There was zero reason to slug me and bleed me out beyond the killer being a toxic jerk looking to make other people miserable. Which, bravo to them, they succeeded and also succeeded at outing themselves as a horrible person.
Why does BHVR tolerate/allow that sort of conduct? It's not fun to be on the receiving end, regardless of it being a "legitimate" strategy and ruins the games experience. I don't expect to escape every time I play as a survivor nor do I expect 4ks every time I play killer but it's the sort of thing that gets me to recommend friends to not buy and play the game because of how awful the community is and how little BHVR cares.
Comments
It’s unfortunate those things happen but it’s not holding the game hostage, the game will end. Holding hostage refers to not allowing the game to end without a disconnect. It’s not that big of a deal though. I get games like that every now and then too. I’ll get downed by a ghost face for example and they’ll just stand over me tbagging while I bleed out. I don’t know the person and I didn’t do anything. This really doesn’t bother me much, I just tab out and start watching a video, no big.
In my experience, Huntresses are one of the worst when it comes to anger issues. I have no idea why. I played against one yesterday who was great with their shots but pretty mediocre chase-wise. I'm average in chase too, but kept losing her by ducking out of sight and doubling back. Which wouldnt work on very many killers tbh. When she finally got me on hook she just stood there hitting me the entire time until I was sacrificed. I took it as a compliment though.