What do you think about the changes

Do you think the merchant will be playable

Comments

  • In the strictest, most technical sense, yes.

  • I mean every killer is playable unless they're bugged.

    If you mean viable, like 90% of the killer roster, not unless you have survivors way under your skill level.

  • @MrPenguin said:

    I mean every killer is playable unless they're bugged.

    If you mean viable, like 90% of the killer roster, not unless you have survivors way under your skill level.

    100% of the killers are currently viable unless you're against survivors above your skill level or they're really abusing certain perks and items.

  • She will be played using a 3 gen strategy only.. Yay..

  • Yeah although I don't know these changes do much to change her place in the tier list rather than just be QoL changes that make her feel better to play.

    I woulda put her top of C before and I'd still put her there as of right now.

  • Many of the changes will make The Skull Merchant feel better to play, and I give the developers credit for such a quick response with many good quality-of-life improvements for her. Still, at the same time, I do have some concerns with the changes. 

    In particular, I find the change that allows survivors with claw traps to disable drones concerning, and I feel it creates new problems for a killer that is already not the strongest. The claw trap recharging in an active drone area and the increased claw trap battery life mean very little when a survivor no longer needs to wait for the battery to run out and be removed to disable a drone. 

    Additionally, while the Lock On buffs will make getting rid of it incredibly difficult, I think a survivor gaining it in the first place will be a rare occurrence. Even with the upcoming unhackable duration increase, disabling a drone is, for the most part, very straightforward, especially now that you can do them with a claw trap on, so I don't think many players are going to stay in an active drone area long enough to face any danger of becoming exposed. 

    Hopefully, the developers will continue to monitor her performance and improve things as needed. I feel she can be fun to play (especially with certain add-ons) and completely understand why others will immediately jump into playing her. Still, I think The Skull Merchant will need some more improvements to be at her most enjoyable. 

  • Unfortunately this just makes the 3 gen strat wayyyy stronger :/


    But I am so glad survivors can't see when they are watched now

  • Playable? You'll be able to play an uninteresting bottom tier killer, yes.

  • Still the actual worst killer in the game.

  • Got nerfed actually, since survivors can hack drones even with claw traps on