Balance attempt
I'd like to say that it's really an attempt, and that what I'm writing right now has good odds of being a bad idea, but I want to share this anyway. But know, I'm a survivor main, and so will not talk about killers.
I'm starting with the most important of my ideas (other are just perk changes) : healing should get longer.
I want the first health state to be more important, as it helped me so much to continue or start chases, and I noticed health state healing were pretty short (unlike the second one, from on ground to wounded, because there's almost always the killer near). It's certainly because generators are long and it's the main action in the game in the survivor side, but I still think it doesn't take long for a survivor to be healed. I'd give healing even more importance by seeing less loops in trials (a bit less pallets, but nothing else). By doing so, running in almost straight line and hiding should be more considered for survivors.
With longer healings, perhaps healing bonuses should be considered as well ; nothing should change to me, except perhaps for Botany Knowledge, where a 50% bonus would remove a bit too much time. I'd also remove the counterpart in healing ourselves with medkits... maybe the bonus shouldn't count in healing ourselves, or half-count, if it really is an issue.
With longer healings and less loops, survivor would need to get shorter generators. I'm not sure of this, though, but looking back at these two changes, I think it'll be needed.
With a nerf in chases for more hiding, prepare for people's skill in chase to count a bit less.
Now, I said the most important stuff I'd like to see, so now, I'll show possible perk buffs (and perhaps nerfs), but know I don't really think they're good ideas...
-Inner Healing : Can't work with deep wound, but can remove deep wound while in a locker at 50% speed, before healing the health state if the survivor is waiting the whole 8 seconds.
-Premonition : +Gives a 5% boost at generators, healing, and cleansing for 10 seconds after activation.
-We'll Make It : Nerf, 70% boost, becomes 40% when healing anyone other than the unhooked guy.
-Quick & Quiet : +Vault 10% faster when activated.
-Botany Knowledge : Healing speed reduced to 30%, counterpart change to [bonus from this perk works by 50/60/70% when healing yourself].
-Self-care : 35/40/45% of healing speed, instead of 25/30/35%.
-Calm Spirit : the 30% counterpart should change to 15% (perhaps 10%).
-Iron Will : 60/70/80% of grunts removed, and 20% when under Exhauted effect, instread of respective 25/50/75% and 0%.
-Object of Obsession : speed boost change from 2/4/6% to 4/6/8%... Perhaps it should be little, but it's currently very little.
-Technician : +Ability tests are 7% wider. (perhaps 10%)
-Pharmacy : All bonuses, except the "green medkits 100% when wounded" are active permanently.
-Poised : Value change from 6/8/10s to 10/14/18s.
-Visionary : Upgrade from 32 meters to 48. Counterpart change from "inactive for 20/18/16s after a generator is completed" to [10% generator slowness after a generator gets completed for 30/27/24s].
-Self-preservation : Change from 16 meters to 32.
-Corrective Action : +Have 50% chance to work on yourself (if you have tokens, of course).
-Boon : Dark Theory : change from a 2/3/4s linger effect to a 4/5/6s.
-Quick Gambit : 6/7/8% to 8/9/10%.
And this is it. Like I said, I won't talk about killers, since I don't have any experience in it, but perhaps there are also changes to talk about.
I think these modifications could help, at least for killers that can know the survivors' locations without having power in-chase, but I can't be sure of anything. Thanks for reading all of this.
Comments