Exhaustion Perk Rework Suggestions
Hi, I made some changes to shake up the Exhaustion Perk meta, and bring some of the lesser Exhaustion perks to light. Here they are, explanations below.
Missing Perks
Missing: Balanced Landing, Blood Rush, Head On, Lithe, Sprint Burst.
I personally find Lithe and Sprint Burst to be perfectly balanced perks, so they don't need any changes.
Balanced Landing is niche, but I think it's fun, and it feels fair considering it is situational.
Head On is a little hard to balance, but I think it was designed as a meme perk at heart. Making it come out after say 2s, might only make it more frustrating for newer players without making it any more viable, so it can stay unchanged.
And finally, Blood Rush has simply not been tried enough to gauge its real strength just yet.
The changes
As for the changes themselves, what do you think? I personally think that the Overcome and Smash Hit buffs make the perks quite a lot more interesting, and lets them do something few other perks in the game can do.
The Dead Hard change has been discussed a few times before, Otz in particular pushes this solution quite heavily.
While lunges at pallets will remain somewhat uncounterable, I don't personally mind that all that much. What I do mind is having to always, always wait. This kills the momentum you feel in chase completely, and even if you wait it out and hit, it still feels stupid and boring. This change would also mean you can still use Dead Hard against Blight and Nurse, because they're both special attack, while being a massive relief to actual M1 killers. Something about it not affecting instant M1 attacks just makes sense in my opinion, even from an animation standpoint.
Adrenaline is just a small tweak. While it is cool that it gives such a huge speed boost, it's a little overtuned when coupled with being able to heal a health state. I don't mind the ability to heal a health state, but the distance you gain on top of it feels a little extreme right now, so I think we can safely tone that down.
And finally, the changes to Background Player would make it a cool anti tunneling perk instead of whatever it is now. Although it would pretty much completely overshadow Guardian as a perk, which is unfortunate. I just don't think a perk that lets you run away from a recently unhooked player is very good game design.
What are your thoughts? Are your hopes up for the upcoming perk changes in the midchapter?

Comments