How are the base names chosen? Weird coincidence

This may be a silly question, I was just wondering because I only started playing last night and I saw the exact name of my small Indiana city that most people don't know exists in the raid map. I thought that was funny and a huge coincidence because what are the odds?

Either way I'm have an absolute blast with the game, it's very fun. I get so giddy when I see my base killed someone. Great work devs!! Cannot wait to see how it evolves and grows!!

Comments

  • I found one named Haddonfield. Didn’t met any weird masked guy with knife there though.

  • @MakerDoesDwight said:

    I found one named Haddonfield. Didn’t met any weird masked guy with knife there though.

    @MakerDoesDwight said:

    I found one named Haddonfield. Didn’t met any weird masked guy with knife there though.

    Unfortunate, they should have capitalized on that

  • My best active base at the moment is called Sandwich.

  • Maps are named after cities/towns, quite sure it is after US ones.

  • @PureHostility said:

    Maps are named after cities/towns, quite sure it is after US ones.

    Would be odd to limit it just to US considering BHVR are a Canadian company.

    I know US have a countrpart to pretty much every European city anyway, but I've definitely seen a few of those. Brussels most recently. Plus there have been a few eastern european sounding names too.