Skill Check Suggestion
Having smaller and faster skill checks impacts new players more than the seasoned survivor. It also renders killer perks that provides (hard) skill checks almost useless for skilled survivors.
I was thinking that maybe instead of just making the skill checks harder, why not incorporate odds in the mechanic. I feel it would help out newer players as well as the killer and make perks more viable for all the range of player skill.
How I see it working:
On the skill check ring you would have 3 skill check zones, keeping the same speed and size of a normal skill check .
keep the normal skill check as is, one skill check zone
On a hard skill check, you would have 2 on 3 valid skill check zones, if you hit the wrong zone the gen explodes as if you missed the skill check.
On an Impossible skill checks, 1 valid skill check zone out of 3
I feel it would impact all players equally, granting easier skill checks for newer survivors and a possible fail for adapted survivors who never fails their skill checks.
Comments