Solo queue matchmaking is unacceptable in its current state

I get why the devs feel like there has to be a mix of relatively strong and relatively weak players on a team. But they've over-corrected on the initial SBMM feedback to a ridiculous degree. My solo queue games often fall somewhere between "completely unplayable" and "I can't believe this is how I'm choosing to spend my free time". I'm not a god, and I have my fair share of brain farts in chase, but matchmaking lately has been horrific.

It's noticeable when I play survivor, of course, but it's also noticeable when I play killer too. There are always 1 or 2 players who are utterly and completely lost in a solo lobby. It completely kills the fun of the game. I can't play solo survivor for more than one or two games in a row anymore. It's that awful. I load in and feel like the game is over within a minute. Two teammates have somehow been slugged by a Leatherface without a single pallet used within 30 seconds, to name a recent example.

It's not my MMR. I'll say I'm confident and leave it at that.

Is this whiny and a bit entitled? Sure. But even if I'm an outlier at 4000+ hours, I feel like my fun should be considered just as much as the relatively inexperienced players I'm being matched with for some reason. I don't play unranked/quickplay in other games for the same reasons that solo queue in this game sucks, and I really feel like the devs should consider something for players who don't find this queue-times-above-all-else style of matchmaking fun.

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I get why the devs feel like there has to be a mix of relatively strong and relatively weak players on a team. But they've over-corrected on the initial SBMM feedback to a ridiculous degree. My solo queue games often fall somewhere between "completely unplayable" and "I can't believe this is how I'm choosing to spend my free time". I'm not a god, and I have my fair share of brain farts in chase, but matchmaking lately has been horrific.

    It's noticeable when I play survivor, of course, but it's also noticeable when I play killer too. There are always 1 or 2 players who are utterly and completely lost in a solo lobby. It completely kills the fun of the game. I can't play solo survivor for more than one or two games in a row anymore. It's that awful. I load in and feel like the game is over within a minute. Two teammates have somehow been slugged by a Leatherface without a single pallet used within 30 seconds, to name a recent example.

    It's not my MMR. I'll say I'm confident and leave it at that.

    Is this whiny and a bit entitled? Sure. But even if I'm an outlier at 4000+ hours, I feel like my fun should be considered just as much as the relatively inexperienced players I'm being matched with for some reason. I don't play unranked/quickplay in other games for the same reasons that solo queue in this game sucks, and I really feel like the devs should consider something for players who don't find this queue-times-above-all-else style of matchmaking fun.

    I note that this is very visible when there are 2 survivors left. I don't want to play this kind of game where you have to hide until one of you is killed, giving the slightest 5% chance that the other survivor will go through the hatch. This happens for the killer, I just stand in the center of the map and wait until one of them gets tired and comes to his death.

    The developers need to make the hatch already appear on 2 survivors, but only one survivor can go into the hatch.