Matchmaking

I don't know if this is a hot take or a controversial opinion but the matchmaking feels very bad for both survivors and killers. I have around 100-150 hours in the game mostly as killer since i hate playing as a survivor and playing against survivors that have 1000 hours+ makes my experience in the game feel extremely bad to the point i want to quit. I love everything about the game but the matchmaking feels extremely bad. People (mostly survivor mains) will argue and say "oh get better" and things like that. I disagree, I think that the matchmaking should be with or against player with same skill level/hours in the game. It feels unfair as a killer to play against players with almost 1000 hours more than me.

I'm sorry if this post comes around as toxic but that's how I feel about the matchmaking.

And one small thing. Please make it so that i don't play the same map over over unless someone makes an offering. Playing farm for 2 or 3 times in a row is very discouraging to play the game entirely

Comments

  • @ShiniGamiKron said:

    I don't know if this is a hot take or a controversial opinion but the matchmaking feels very bad for both survivors and killers. I have around 100-150 hours in the game mostly as killer since i hate playing as a survivor and playing against survivors that have 1000 hours+ makes my experience in the game feel extremely bad to the point i want to quit. I love everything about the game but the matchmaking feels extremely bad. People (mostly survivor mains) will argue and say "oh get better" and things like that. I disagree, I think that the matchmaking should be with or against player with same skill level/hours in the game. It feels unfair as a killer to play against players with almost 1000 hours more than me.

    I'm sorry if this post comes around as toxic but that's how I feel about the matchmaking.

    And one small thing. Please make it so that i don't play the same map over over unless someone makes an offering. Playing farm for 2 or 3 times in a row is very discouraging to play the game entirely

    The "no repeat maps" is already coming they said.


    Hours don't really correlate that closely to skill. I could probably coach a survivor into being on the level of a 1000 hr+ survivor in less than 20 hours. This game is genuinely not THAT difficult to be like, 90th percentile in.


    So clearly the game thinks that you're about equal to these players MMR-wise, unless you've hit the MMR cap in which case the players you're getting will vary heavily. Assuming the system's working you've clearly hit your equals, and genuinely do need to get better to move on.


    More specific advice depends on what killer/perks you're running. Some people play a meta character with 4x slowdowns and then hit a peak where they become completely unable to play anything else because they've got garbage fundamentals.