Idea to buff Solidarity
The current Solidarity reads as follows:
When injured, healing another Survivor without using a Med-Kit also heals you at a 40/45/50% conversion rate.
Here's an idea:
When injured, healing another Survivor without using a Med-Kit also heals you at a 50% conversion rate.
After completing a safe hook rescue, instantly gain 50% healing progression, if you are injured.
You unhook other Survivors 5/10/15% faster.
What this means is that if you save a teammate while injured, and then you heal them, you'd also be fully healed at that point because you get 50% from healing them and another 50% from the unhook, making the perk a lot more useful than it is now. To go with it, you also get slightly faster unhook speed as an added bonus which could come in clutch if the killer is camping.
I do not think simply buffing the heal conversion rate to 100% is a good idea as this would allow for lightning-fast resets especially in SWF and would be too strong.
Comments
ok, what about increasing the healing conversion rate to 100% but making healing 50% slower. The survivor who run autodidact could use the perk to heal themselves.
That would just turn into a killer perk the second you go against someone with Sloppy. And it defeats the purpose. If you spend 16 seconds healing someone, and they spend 16 seconds healing you, you’ve spent the same amount of time healing together as you would if you just healed them for 32 seconds with a 50% healing debuff. You would be required to run heal speed perks for that to become worthwhile at all.
I also don’t really like putting penalties on perks unless it’s absolutely necessary. For example, current Botany has one because 50% bonus self heal speed is insane, when that could just be lowered (for self-healing only) and not have a medkit penalty at all.
perhaps 50% is too extreme. A lower value like 30% might be better. I just think that 50% conversion rate is too small for survivor to use it and the perk already feels like it needs reactive healing or healing boost perks to be relevant. I am thinking more of how to boost the conversion rate without it being overly effective.
I am not entirely sure why botany went from 33% med-kit efficiency to -20% med-kit efficiency. you gained 17% healing speed for -53% med-kit efficiency. I think if they were trying to nerf med-kits, I think it makes sense to make med-kits deplete 100% of the med-kit charges if it is used for a self-heal so it takes 32 charges to heal. currently nobody needs to use botany to benefit from med-kits because the item itself is so strong that botany is wasted perk slot. I think if botany gave you 50% med-kit efficiency and med-kit depleted twice as fast on self-heals, survivor would be more inclined to use botany knowledge to get value of med-kits.
Another aspect that is weird about med-kit is how they do not incur a -50% healing penalty to self-healing. every other form of self-healing incurs that penalty but med-kit do not. I think med-kit should also have that penalty to reduce power-level reduce the strength of the item.