Collateral victims of cheaters.
Almost every time I badly lose against a cheater, my next killer game is almost invariably against "beginners"* that I have no business versing. (And are often doomed before I realise I've already won.)
The effect is even worse because I'm usually pissed and play mercilessly.
I presume this is also how it goes for everyone else.
Cheaters ruin more games than the ones they are parasiting.
*) or at least survivors who do not appear to know how to handle the killer I'm playing.
Comments
Be the change you want to see. I try not to take out my frustrations from previous matches on survivors in the next match. I just respond in kind to how people play. If the survs sweat, then I will play hard ball. If survs seem weak or struggling against me I'll dial it back. Usually I'll let a surv or two go at the end of most matches. But if survs are actively toxic and BM me? Then it's on and I will fight dirtt. They will get hook camped and tunneled right up into the entity's spidery claws.
Bullying low level survivors is easy but boring, and unpleasant for said survs. But humbling a bully squad is sweet as honey. Try and reserve your rough plays for players who deserve it. Otherwise you perpetuate the salt.
When I play surv I'm fed up of killers who BM me when I can run a chase for more than 30 seconds, haven't BMd them and don't even have a damn torch.
It takes me a few minutes to cool down. This is not something that'll ever change (I'm no spring chicken.)
It's not about bullying beginners and I've never used the term "BM". Playing mercilessly means I'm not giving any free pass.
Half the team who followed yesterday's cheated game survived ... thanks to a Kobe. It's at that moment, about two minutes into the game, that I've realized they were out-of-commission. (So I've put them together and went for lunch, the two others had given up already.)
They were lucky.