@TrueKn1ghtmar3 said:
I hate it every time everyone refers to joey as joe
I mean, Joey is a nickname though. Plus, the store refers to him as Joe.
If you wanna say joey is a nickname so is Joe which both are alternate forms of Joseph it is not uncommon for someone to prefer joey over Joe (I know this from experience). As for the store referring to him as joe how tends to be the formal nickname so that's most likely why that is.
I hate it every time everyone refers to joey as joe
I mean, Joey is a nickname though. Plus, the store refers to him as Joe.
If you wanna say joey is a nickname so is Joe which both are alternate forms of Joseph it is not uncommon for someone to prefer joey over Joe (I know this from experience). As for the store referring to him as joe how tends to be the formal nickname so that's most likely why that is.
It's the formal nickname and that's why I call him that. Both work, there's no reason to be upset about it. You can't pretend that the virtual character prefers to be called Joey because he's virtual. Now what I've gathered is that your name is Joey too and so you feel a connection over that, which is... fine, but there isn't a reason to get upset when someone calls him something else.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Cool Content
I mean, Joey is a nickname though. Plus, the store refers to him as Joe.
It's the formal nickname and that's why I call him that. Both work, there's no reason to be upset about it. You can't pretend that the virtual character prefers to be called Joey because he's virtual. Now what I've gathered is that your name is Joey too and so you feel a connection over that, which is... fine, but there isn't a reason to get upset when someone calls him something else.