Feature, cheat or bug?
Today, I've versed one player I thought was cheating.
I had grabbed her and she had "Boil Over". The strength was so intense I could not pass the door nor do even walk a few meters to reach any hook.
I've waited for another boil over but I didn't got any.
In some matches though, without Boil Over, some survivors were very hard to carry.
Then I remembered the struggle change.
If it's that it feels a bit strong.
Comments
Some cheaters do perk stack boil over, but you can tell it apart from cheating since if they cheated the stack vs the perk being legit you physically cannot walk forward.
Heres a video of me hooking them you gotta hopefully be near a hook and use their wiggling to move rather than you being able to walk forward yourself
https://youtu.be/4FbsiOMuqrYBut if you are able to walk forward then its just the effects of the perk being strong and its something you just get better at managing with time
They probably werent cheating, it's just a very poorly thought-out mechanic.
Its a bad perk and leads to some extremely broken game play about half the time.
About half the time people use it and I think its as intended, but a lot of cases its just a troll that messes up other people's game.
As noted above its one of several things that can be manipulated by someone using software specifically sold that breaks DbD.
Nah, the cheating version of boil over makes you lose control of the killer in my experience, and they wiggle out almost immediately.
With boil over, you just need to turn your camera in a way where their "forced direction" is going in the direction you want. So if you're being forced left, move your facing to the right, so now what's "left" is the original direction you wanted to go.
Ah yes, that's exactly that, I think. I have to watch my video again to be sure.
edit: drat, I've lost it. I've kept the wrong match >_>