7 years road map feedback
First
- I am a killer main
- I am hearing impaired
- I am colour blind + light sensitivity.
Ps. I know. The odds are drastically not in my favor and I am considering retiring soon because of how imbalanced this game is for killers and continue to be.
I have a few points that I find concerning:
* Visual terror radius for accessibility:
Sounds good for survivors but for killers, game-breaking bad; especially if you will apply it in a similar way to the way you applied the Knight guards' radius.
Also, does BHVR assume that all the hearing impaired players play the survivor role only? Because I see nothing regarding killers. As a hearing impaired killer, I 100% depend on scratch marks. I can't hear survivors' breathing unless they are exhausted and have loud ones [ex: jeff]; similarly grunts of pain. I can't hear anything if survivor jumped inside a locker or their footsteps while running around the map.
More importantly, the loud chase music you keep making louder and annoying, induces migraines and makes it even more impossible to hear anything. It is not accessibility friendly at all.
So, are you going to make this game more accessible for killers or what?
* Maps size and RNG
Maps repetition is not the only broken thing in the system. The size of a lot of maps is unfair to killers. Similarly, the RNG. The maps might be the #1 cause of imbalance in the game. Totally the worst feature of the game because you can't even load into a match with fair chances. The most broken part is the shack [make every shack a Dawg Saloon ver], the God loops/Windows/Pallets/buildings which should be removed from the map. I don't see why do we have to give survivors more ways to be immune and extend chase when the game should be fair on both sides? If I could, I would DC most of my games because survivors will bring a map offering to a map they know is so powerful and they can easily win.
* Killers QoL
Yes. I appreciate you trying to bridge the gap between Solo Q and SWF but while you are doing that, you forget the other side of the game. You forget that while you doing that, you are making the game more imbalance for killers.
Swf breaking feature is them being able to call killer perks, location, and actions and deem every plan ineffective. You continue to help survivors go to that level. A swf is always going to win the game; even though it is a survival horror game .. [survivors say: not anymore X3] sigh..
Instead of making killers useless, you should actually make them all equal in performance to Wesker .. good gameplay and good add ons. Most killers are not there. Most killers are stressful to play and impossible to force a win.
This game needs to be more fair and more balanced and to look into making it playable for both sides. I find these QoL changes to the HUD/Base kit gameplay important and needed:
- Hook stages for each survivor
- Hooks never break because creating dead zones is never a QoL .. you never break gens.
- Shadowborn at base because many players, esp console struggle with the small Fov
- Shattered hope at base. Give the killer the ability to break boons
- Also show us the sabotage progression if it is happening.
- Slug should be shown at base as well.
- Generator progression in aura.
Ps. I am leaving perks outside of this post because we can talk a lot about the imabalnce perks and I am sure many posts will discuss that.
Comments
Hooks never breaking is a bad idea, the hooks are similar to a 3gen situation, you wasted a hook in a dead zone? That was up to you
Hook sabotage progression can destroy some perks like sabotage and toolboxes, I mean, you can see that someone is sabotaging and just going for another hook
Generation progression aura is just gonna make the current 3gen camping more efficient, killers should hunt survivors, no stay in the same place camping the 3gen. Just equip supervision (or whatever the Pig’s perk is named)
Something that encourage slugging is ever a good idea
Shadowborn it should be basekit
You say hooks never breaking is a bad idea, but that is in contrast to you saying something that encourages slugging is never a good idea; in a hook dead zone there is no option but to slug and wait for them to die. It’s not the same as a 3 gen because while you can still work on gens, a killer cannot reach hooks from some places when one is broken after a sacrifice, particularly on certain maps when the hook spawns are already so bad that it can sometimes be impossible to reach a hook even without one broken because of walls/floors not seeming to be taken into account when hooks are spawned
I think the old system was better when at least they respawned after a couple of minutes so at least it wasn’t a dead zone all match that survivors can keep running to when they know they will go down
Shadowborn should absolutely be basekit, or at least a slider in the options menu