NOED, DH, Adrenaline, Styptic?
I thought this Felix on my team just now was cheating or something but now I am wondering if there is some weird combo I don't know about?
A scratched Mirror Myers was trying to commit to him at Endgame. He was in deep wound from deadhard. All of a sudden the NOED indicator flashes as I assume Felix got downed but I can't see his aura only to notice he is no longer in deep wound but regularly injured. How the hell does that work? Could you use the Styptic Agent WHILE in Deep Wound to void the NOED hit? Kinda weird it still indicates the killer has NOED in that case. So if you hit someone who was under protection of BT while having NOED. Does it tell the survivors you have NOED even though he wasn't downed? I am getting ahead of myself here.
He had DH, Adrenaline, and a Styptic Agent as those are the only relevant things I could see impacting this.
Another weird thing is earlier in the match he went from downed to healthy in like a couple of seconds and I assumed someone had FTR or Myers was blinded? But then no one had any flashlights although a Meg DID have a flashlight perk so maybe she found one? I know she didn;'t have involvement in the NOED thing though.
Comments
NOED is revealed to survivors after any successful basic attack by the killer (but not special attacks). It does not matter whether it downs the survivor (eg. Endurance could prevent the down but NOED is still shown regardless).
If he had DH, Adrenaline, and a Styptic, then it sounds like what possibly happened is he was in deep wound from DH, Adrenaline removed the deep wound (but wouldn't fully heal in that scenario), and then he used the Styptic to tank another hit.
I did a similar play twice this week. Had a gen 99. Killer hits me and i deadhard. During his cooldown I pop the gen and get healed from adrenaline. I run off, get hit again, then right before the gate when hes about to get me popped a stypic. Very rough game for that killer. EHHHHHH huntress it was a very unfortunate huntress.
Those adrenline + endurance plays come up waaaay more often than I realized. I never ran adrenaline really until this past two or three weeks and it's pretty clutch. Not saying it's amazing, i usually prefer perks I can have access to all game. But I've realized using it that closer to end game when we may be short on players for healing, pallets and medkits are used etc, that free health state and speed boost is amazing. It's not that its bad being down a perk all game, its that the pay off in end game means that much more than having a fourth perk during the match. I usually loop the killer well enough that the only two perks that matter are exhaustion/windows so may as well run adrenaline.
Thats really weird because I don't think I have EVER seen NOED get alerted when someone wasn't downed. I've just never seen it happen.
Not cheating, just skilled.