Devs, Do you Brainstorm Killers Much Before Release?
I'm not trying to be sarcastic, I'm serious. First, I play both killer and survivor. I spend more and more time on killer because survivor is getting more and more boring. Not difficult, just shoe-horned into one of two play styles. As killer, I can decide the pace and whether to play for fun or "sweaty". I was a 50/50 survivor/killer. The past couple of months, I am more 85/15 killer/survivor.
That said, when I read the abilities of Legion, my first thought was the nightmare this guy would be in the hands of a griefer 12 year old tunneling the life out of the first survivor he sees. There is very little most survivors can do if the kid knows how to maneuver while in frenzy. One, two hits, and chase for third.
I've seen some really good killers using Legion, and was impressed. Monto and Zubatlel are two that come to mind. I've played against some good ones too. So obviously there is an up side. I've watched my son play 11 matches today and got 9 Legion matches. Every single one tunneled one player down at a time and it was hard to watch. Talk about frustrating and boring. Several loved the insidious combo, which made it even easier to tunnel and camp.
Do you consider these things when making your killers? Sure, there is an upside to them, but this guy is a powerful griefing tool in the hands of toxic players. I played several matches myself against them, and though you can loop, juke, etc, you can't hide well and once you are on that first hook, you are easy prey. It got pretty boring after my 5th Legion this evening.
Back to killer. Bored to death facing Legion the Tunnel Crafter.
P.S. I still agree with most killers, he is weak overall. He just happens to have a great upside for those sweaty teenagers that want to take their social frustrations out on your customers. lol
Comments
I mean if you read his bio it makes sense.
But to answer yours and @The_Crusader's question, they only think about how the Killer/perk affects Survivors and how easy it is for them to play around the Killer/perk.