If the game worked right would it be more enjoyable for you?

Do you think if they fixed the bugs you would have a better gaming experience or do you find part of the charm of DBD is you never know what you will get, what will work, and what will be completely unexpectedly broken?

Take DH for instance. It has been broken for years. Today I played four games lost all four times. Each time I went down I successfully deadharded, blocked the hit, got the points, but went down anyways. That is twelve successful dh where it resulted in me dying. All four games were 4ks because I was carrying the team, once I died the others died soon after. So that is 13 people who lost the game because of one broken aspect. It artificially advances the killers' stats (4 players) while dropping the stats of 13 other folks (me plus three other players over four games.)

I tend to think the 13 people would have a better time at the game if dh worked right, but it might make the game less enjoyable for the killers since in a fair match they would not win.

But I keep playing because every once in a while maybe 1 or 2 games in twenty you have a bug free experience where everything works right and it is a lot of fun.

Do you think if the game was balanced and fair it would be more fun? Or for you do you enjoy the games which work right more knowing that it is a super rare experience?

Comments

  • I… I don’t get the point…

    Are you saying that you (along with every teammate) died 4 games in a row… because of not being able to hit DH?

  • @HugTechLover said:

    I… I don’t get the point…

    Are you saying that you (along with every teammate) died 4 games in a row… because of not being able to hit DH?

    No I successfully hit dh, the game mechanics consistently give you the points for a successful dh block while also downing you. It is a lag problem where the game registers it both ways (successful and unsuccessful dh simultaneously).

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Isn’t that an issue in itselfif it was happening as you claim, that one perk is carrying the game for everyone?

    That is an MMR issue which is another can of worms. I have 5000 hours in. I know the game in and out. I consistently get paired with folks with under 200 hours. The type who hide half the game in lockers and crouch walk away from all objectives the other half of the game. So sometimes the single good player has to carry the game. But I think that is part of the dwindling player base problem.

  • I think you are missing the point and focusing on the example given.

    Is part of dbd's charm that it is broken and an unreliable playing experience or would you like it to work the same and be stable and balanced?

  • Like here is another example. Remember in early builds when you almost always got a speed boost after a hit as a survivor? Now it is equally likely you will get no speed boost after a hit. This creates a greater sense of tension because you can't expect the game to work correctly or dependably every game. Does this make it more horror-ish? Does the variation in physics and rules make it more fun for you because it is more like a horror movie where nothing works right for the victems?

  • @stvnhthr said:

    Like here is another example. Remember in early builds when you almost always got a speed boost after a hit as a survivor? Now it is equally likely you will get no speed boost after a hit. This creates a greater sense of tension because you can't expect the game to work correctly or dependably every game. Does this make it more horror-ish? Does the variation in physics and rules make it more fun for you because it is more like a horror movie where nothing works right for the victems?

    Dbd isn’t a horror movie nor should it try to replicate one. The speed boost bug is incredibly annoying and if the killer has Stbfl (which most use) you’ll go down right after you get hit. That isn’t fun or atmospheric.