Internet keeps dropping, getting rather lengthy disconnect cooldowns
As the title of the post says, my internet is dropping a lot as of late. I'm in Northern California and there is quite a bit of flooding going on around in my neck of the woods which I'm assuming why my internet is doing so poorly.
I keep getting longer and longer cooldowns, which I understand is to keep people from quitting out mid match but what can I do if my isp is having problems? Am I just gonna keep getting longer and longer cooldowns?
Thank you :)
Comments
What you can do is play a non team based online or straight up offline game, as harsh as that sounds.
Everytime you try and your internet cuts out not only increases your penalty but you also ruin a match for 4 other players.
Going into the queue again and again despite knowing that you temporarily have a problem makes you makes you just as guilty as ragequitters and part of the reason why DC penalties are a thing, at least in my eyes.
That's why when I lived with my parent and we had shaky internet, i would quit playing with my friends for the evening and switch to one of my single player games while sticking in voice chat with the others.
Yes. A stable Internet connection is a requirement for playing the game, and every time it cuts out it also impacts the experience of the other 4 players in the match.
So either bite the bullet and accept you're gonna have a long ass penalty, or play something else until the issues fix themselves.
For what it's worth, I'm sorry to hear about it- I know how frustrating it can be when it keeps happening. But there's no real workaround and Support won't do anything, so.
Thanks for the replies. I do feel bad for the other players when I disconnect mid match. I've had this isp for years, never had a problem. I'm assuming it has something to do with all the rain we've been getting lately. WIth luck stuff will dry out sooner then later.