Crashing as Killer
I played 3 games this evening and crashed in 2 of them, wasn't doing anything crazy just chasing a survivor, is it just me or is that a general problem at the moment?
I played 3 games this evening and crashed in 2 of them, wasn't doing anything crazy just chasing a survivor, is it just me or is that a general problem at the moment?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
It's gotten pretty frequent. Could be random server issues or a survivor player DDoSing you. It's about equal chance.
Playing during prime time the servers have a hard time keeping up, so you'll tend to notice lag/rubberbanding/hiccups more often.
Going up against certain SWFs you'll notice you disconnect as soon as they start to lose, or are running a build that directly defeats their one and only tactic (Lightborn or Franklins vs flashlight nazis, playing Pyramid Head vs sabo squad, using Sloppy/Nurse's Calling or iri tag Blight vs medkit crew, etc.).
You can try adjusting your playtime first to see if that has an effect. If not, you can pick up a VPN recommended for gamers to try out (most have a free trial period) to see if it's DDoS attacks. Surfshark, NordVPN, and ExpressVPN are highly rated among the gaming community.
Thanks for your detailed answer. Both of the games went well for the survivors, so I think it wasn't DDoS (but I will keep it in mind) so for now I'll try to play at a different time.
This is happening to me as well. Playing killer and survivor. Nothing too crazy going on like as a killer I went to hook someone and it ended up freezing and disconnecting and as survivor I’d be cleansing a totem or be on the hook and bam I’ll get disconnected. I’ve called my internet company. I’ve checked the health of my router- it’s not on my end. I love how EU servers were having really bad lag issues with disconnects and as soon as they fix that now this is happening. I had a 6 hour ban because of this. @Mandy @Peanits I’m not the only person experiencing this, please bring it to someone’s attention.
Same in my end. I ruined like 4 Matchs Today playing Surv. Not intentionally. The game Just Crashed. Its Hyper Random. I must have like a 6 hs Penalty By Now.
PC + STEAM + ANY SURV OR KILLER + ANY MAP + ANY PERK
Here is THe CRASH
Fatal error: [File:Unknown] [Line: 198] Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0006 - 'HUNG')
DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 89644719 bytes
DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 89592350 bytes
DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 89517240 bytes
DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 115692104 bytes
DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 115691444 bytes
DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 115837314 bytes
DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 119194335 bytes
DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 119223902 bytes
DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 119141750 bytes
DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 83260811 bytes
DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 103671954 bytes
DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 103673187 bytes
DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 84726711 bytes
DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 84700625 bytes
kernel32 {0x0000000000000000} + 95764 bytes
ntdll {0x0000000000000000} + 337569 bytes