Knight Quality of Life Change

Regardless of your opinions on the upcoming buffs, there is one thing that kinda irks me when playing the knight. You need to go into your power, and that means you need space in front of you, to kick a pallet, gen, or door with your power. I think the Knight should have a button that allows him to just sic the guard directly on the object without first needing to back up to use it. Even if he has to be slowed a small bit when it is starting to not give him extra time, the ability to just hit one button and summon a guard to do a break task would be a huge QoL update.

Comments

  • @BastardKing said:

    Regardless of your opinions on the upcoming buffs, there is one thing that kinda irks me when playing the knight. You need to go into your power, and that means you need space in front of you, to kick a pallet, gen, or door with your power. I think the Knight should have a button that allows him to just sic the guard directly on the object without first needing to back up to use it. Even if he has to be slowed a small bit when it is starting to not give him extra time, the ability to just hit one button and summon a guard to do a break task would be a huge QoL update.

    agree

  • The issue of: 'that means you need space in front of you'

    is something multiple Killers suffer from, Knight seems to be needing just as much space as Demogorgon needs for his Portals.

    Trapper, Hag, Demogorgon, Twins and Knight could use some love regarding this. Freddy already has this kind of technology.

    EDIT: Okay so I actually took the time to make an image explaining it.

    Untitled-1.png


  • Hard agree, I've wanted this since his PTB. It would be a nice little QoL that incentivises using the Guards for that purpose to begin with, since you can do it quickly and easily without having to stop what you're doing.

  • @Emeal said:

    The issue of: 'that means you need space in front of you'

    is something multiple Killers suffer from, Knight seems to be needing just as much space as Demogorgon needs for his Portals.

    Trapper, Hag, Demogorgon, Twins and Knight could use some love regarding this. Freddy already has this kind of technology.

    EDIT: Okay so I actually took the time to make an image explaining it.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/IQDB1KUWUW29/untitled-1.png

    This would require the devs to understand how Sine/Cosine work and their code to not be full metal spaghetti.

  • @roundpitt said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3314206#Comment_3314206

    This would require the devs to understand how Sine/Cosine work and their code to not be full metal spaghetti.

    Dont be rude to the devs, like I wrote. The tech is already working like that for freddy.,

  • @Emeal said:

    The issue of: 'that means you need space in front of you'

    is something multiple Killers suffer from, Knight seems to be needing just as much space as Demogorgon needs for his Portals.

    Trapper, Hag, Demogorgon, Twins and Knight could use some love regarding this. Freddy already has this kind of technology.

    EDIT: Okay so I actually took the time to make an image explaining it.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/IQDB1KUWUW29/untitled-1.png

    I know it is a few days later, but I really like your charts and agree for all listed killers. For Knight, it would be even easier, because I am not even talking full summon. I am talking a one button activation to perform the break actions.

  • I've thought the same things and I completely agree.

    The aura that swirls around objects when you're "within range" absolutely indicate that you could press a button to instantly send a guard to break them. Would make Knight feel far less clunky, especially if they're not going to change the "needed distance from wall" thing

  • @BastardKing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3314206#Comment_3314206

    I know it is a few days later, but I really like your charts and agree for all listed killers. For Knight, it would be even easier, because I am not even talking full summon. I am talking a one button activation to perform the break actions.

    Thanks, I just hope the bHVR Community managers deliver it.

  • @BastardKing said:

    Regardless of your opinions on the upcoming buffs, there is one thing that kinda irks me when playing the knight. You need to go into your power, and that means you need space in front of you, to kick a pallet, gen, or door with your power. I think the Knight should have a button that allows him to just sic the guard directly on the object without first needing to back up to use it. Even if he has to be slowed a small bit when it is starting to not give him extra time, the ability to just hit one button and summon a guard to do a break task would be a huge QoL update.

    This and being able to end a patrol remotely