The only way to fix this game...
Behaviour need to assign resources to game balance and address the big issue that no one wants to talk about.
They use "RNG" as a saftey blanket and won't come out to face the music when the game needs fixing.
There are currently 18 "realms"
Maps are the single biggest issue in this game bar NOTHING. Maps have 2 major issues - The first is that maps have random tiles, the second is that you cannot "avoid" or "prefer" maps. (Don't mention the joke offering system).
- Remove any random tiles and set the maps in stone, (this should be done to offer the most balanced tiles where possible).
- When the map is laid out in its completed form, assign a number to each tile rating its complexity
- Use data from these maps to determine which killers do well, which struggle etc.
- balance the map to try and even out killer performance.
- Then allow killers to "avoid" 3 maps per killer loadout.
- use data from the new maps and start asking why killers are avoiding certain maps
- balance the map to try and increase the variety of maps being avoided
THIS IS NOW YOUR BASE GAME
from this base game, you can now adjust perks and powers and COMPARE CHANGES to the base game.
Anything else is just shooting wildly into the dark or as old Lyonic says, "throwing ... at the wall and seeing what sticks" I'm one of those famous TTV killer legends who struggles to log in to butcher anymore.
Comments
Absolutely not!
random brings variety, I think it's better to get defeated due to bad spawn than to constantly play the map without changes
It's pretty obvious the devs love their rng aspects to DBD, and I'm quite sure they would die gladly defending that hill as essential to their game. And yes part of the reasoning is "wonder what layout of this map we got this time!"
I do believe several maps have strong issues and need changing, but I too enjoy the randomness built into them. Their overall size and certain tiles (and close tiles easily combined) are more of the problem to me.
What I don't want is all of the spawning gens/hooks/tiles/totems/pallets/etc. to be fixed in place. If they're all static as you propose one glance by the surv or killer will always determine if they'll loop it or not, every time. Boring and unfun imo.
Plus I foresee the map offerings being used even more for advantage, as maps become completely memorized for their layouts even more than nowadays. Sounds like crazy competitive tourney limitations to me.