It seems that nerfing the Nurse will only affect beginner Nurses
I took her for a spin.
Since I can't have fun with (only) Franklin, I've switched to an aura/regression mix. (I've heard good things about Eruption)
The chase music is very nice though.

Comments
The lack of recharge will hurt against survivors who actually know what they're doing against a Nurse. But there's about a 1% chance of encountering one of those players. 99% of survivors will make zero distance and double back in straight lines without you even having to flick your blinks.
Out of curiosity, what goes through your head when you play nurse against someone who has... erratic patching? Sorry for pinging you here btw, we don't know if there's a message ability for the forums.
One thing to note: The PTB has a very low population compared to the live game, so ranked matchmaking is not enabled. I wouldn't read into the results of a match too much, there's a very real chance you aren't going against the caliber of players you normally would.
That said, this change isn't aiming to gut Nurse as a whole. A really good Nurse is still a really good Nurse. Playing well and getting kills isn't so much of a problem, but slapping on a couple perks or add-ons to skip the practice and skill and jump straight to being unstoppable is. (And by extension, this prevents the already really good Nurses out there from becoming even more powerful with those perks/add-ons.)
I often go against good players. Maybe 5 to 10% of my usual opponents.