how to get unhooked

What is the best way to get your team to unhook you? Most games I get hooked once and no one comes to save me and I die from one down which is usually due to a game malfunction like Deadhard not working.

What does not work is unhooking other players hoping they repay the favor. I've tried both twitching and grabbing the hook while hooked, but neither seems to get players to notice and come rescue me. Hanging limp and waiting also does not work.

What have you found gets other players to come and unhook you?

Comments

  • Kindred may help? I always run it when I am playing solo, which is 95% of the time. I can’t promise they will always come to get you… but if you are running it then they can at least see that nobody is coming for you and maybe it will guilt them into going.

  • Unfortunately this is a thing where incompetent randoms truly reveal themselves as such, leaving someone on the hook to die

  • There's no good way to get em to do it, but there are ways to make sure they don't. Grabbing hook used to mean "im getting camped, dont save". People that have been playing awhile might ignore you if you grab hook. Trying to actually free yourself on hook usually means someone is offing themselves. Probably not gonna waste my time goin for em if they're wastin the hook timer.

    Veteran players know how long you can hang there before you hit stage 2 or 3. They may be giving killer time to go away or trying to pop a gen or regrouping to make a save. Your best chance at unhook is to just sit there patiently and hit all the skill checks if you're in struggle.