An idea how to buff rookie spirit

All of you would probably agree that rookie spirit is a bit underwhelming as running across a map to stop a generator from regressing is very time consuming.

Here is my idea for rookie spirit:

Once you complete 3 good or great skillchecks, this perk activates for the rest of the trial. The auras of regressing generators are revealed to you. Additionally, when you stop a revealed generator from being regressed, that generator can not be put into regression by any means for the next 70/80/90 seconds.

This perk would be definitely useful in this meta. Also, not sure if the 90 second duration is busted but it would make running for a bit towards a revealed gen worth it.

Comments

  • I think it's already an underrated perk. It definitely doesn't need to counter an entire suite of killer perks. Looks like you want it to be hard meta.

  • As I said, the duration is probably OP but I do think that the perk itself is weak. There is a reason why basically noone runs it.

  • @Genesis said:

    As I said, the duration is probably OP but I do think that the perk itself is weak. There is a reason why basically noone runs it.

    The reason no one runs it is because people get used to their crutch perks and don't branch out. It's not a bad perk, merely overlooked.

    You're also not considering this from the killer's point of view. You haul someone to a scourge hook and it just doesn't do anything. You run pop and call of brine and it just doesn't do anything. You hit a Jolt on two gens and it doesn't do anything. Your good play goes unrewarded because three survivors brought the perk that cancels out half of what you do. That's gonna feel awful for the one player who has to contend against four. Considering that game delay is the only way any non-S tier killer to consistently win it has really unhealthy knock-on effects for the entire game.

  • I've considered this perk from the killer's point of view as well and I respect your opinion . I've ran this perk and tried to make it work but it's just not worth it. Also, regression perks will still work fine, since the survivor needs to stop some kind of regression to even activate the additional affect. The duration is limited, although 90 seconds is definitely too much. I think the concept itself is pretty good though.