What's the new perk meta is recently

I haven't played dbd in like a year and don't know any of the new perks which makes my complete knowledge of every perk incomplete.

Could I get an update on the new more common perks and metas and what they do and how they work and whatnot (for both killer and survivor)? I think the Artist's release was around when I stopped playing.

Please:)))

Comments

  • For Killer:

    Call of Brine, Overcharge, Eruption, Any other regression perk (Jolt and SH: Pain Res are the most popular among those picks).

    Since you are mostly kicking Generators, perks like No Where To Hide also fit really well into the meta.

    For Survivors:

    Off The Record, DH or Lithe, Adrenaline, Prove Thyself (make sure to bring a toolbox since Eruption is a pain in the rear).

    Kindred, of course, still fits into the meta but considering how every other update it is bugged I would not recommend it.

    Ive also seen some people use Decisive Strike but it is not favorable anymore since you have to put yourself in a position to use it due to the 3 second stun, which obviously cant be done sometimes because of deadzones.

  • @Parallax said:

    I haven't played dbd in like a year and don't know any of the new perks which makes my complete knowledge of every perk incomplete.

    Could I get an update on the new more common perks and metas and what they do and how they work and whatnot (for both killer and survivor)? I think the Artist's release was around when I stopped playing.

    Please:)))

    On killer, the meta right now is very regression heavy, with a bit of info.

    You can expect to see:

    • Lethal Pursuer+an aura reading perk. If the killer seems to find a super early chase, it's probably LP, which means BBQ on a ranged killer and probably Nowhere to Hide on anyone else. Sometimes Darkness Revealed or Floods of Rage, very rarely I'm All Ears.
    • Eruption+Call of Brine. If a killer is kicking every single gen regardless of progression, anticipate Eruption and try to release the gen before someone goes down.
    • Surge, especially on instadown killers. Try to jump into a locker before you die to negate it.
    • Save The Best For Last (not as common as it was for a bit). If the killer is hitting insanely fast, the obsession needs to start being aggressive.
    • Plaything+Pentimento (rare) - If you see Plaything, make sure to remember where it was so you can cleanse the penti.

    On survivor, it's a lot more varied. Dead Hard is still common, but you'll also see Sprint Boost and the odd Lithe.

    Perks to be scared of:

    • Potential Energy. I predict this is going to get nerfed eventually, once people see what this can do in an SWF. Can absolutely demolish a gen when you need it most.
    • Prove Thyself. Ahahaha gens go zoom.
    • Circle of Healing. Blue totem, allows everyone to self care and ultra-accelerates group healing. Very nasty, you'll want to cleanse this whenever you can by kicking the totem. Good luck against a good team on a map like IWOM though.
    • Fogwise. Expect survivor teams to know where you are at all times if this is in play (and it's often in play now). It's about as strong as OoO used to be. Not sure if it's still like this, but for a while you could even see stealth killers.
    • Hyperfocus. If the survivors are good enough, this explodes gens.


  • Thanks yall I appreciate it!