Anyone know how to fix this been happening for months now

basically:

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0xffffffffffffffff


DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 102671001 bytes

DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 102672539 bytes

DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 82735467 bytes

DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 102965168 bytes

DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 84200071 bytes

DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 84173985 bytes

kernel32 {0x0000000000000000} + 95412 bytes

ntdll {0x0000000000000000} + 337569 bytes

Comments

  • Steam version on Windows 10/11 I assume.

    What have you tried so far. What's your CPU?

  • reinstalled Windows, close everything on my PC, restored default settings to everything, kinda everything on reddit. I just dont know and i am running a i5-12600K and recently I've been getting the 'HUNG' error again

  • Last time I update Bios, I didnt know it was a risky thing to do, which it can damage your mainboard physically if it goes wrong.

    I think reinstall windows is the better choice

  • Given that he reinstalled windows I doubt the system files are corrupted.

    What would be another idea is to run .\chkdsk.exe to see if there are any bad sectors on your disks and maybe do a memtest as well with mdsched.exe. All of those are windows native and can be done in PowerShell (admin).

    None of this will fix anything, but give information on disk health and physical memory health.

    I believe it's an engine bug. The log files are not verbose enough to say anything at all.