So i guess matchmaking will never be fixed or better yet actually good

No matter how long I take a break I'm still put at way to high of skilled players when clearly I'm not supposed to be. No matter what OLD MATCHMAKING was better Skill based is not good or even decent during the PTB it was actually fair and that PTB was public meaning something happened that screwed it up when it went live what was it who knows will they actually make matchmaking good again probably not.

Comments

  • It's never been good, but it has gotten consistently worse.

  • They never fixed age old problem of "any match is better than no match" ideology, wait times and skipped lobbies. I'm going to take another extended break after Xmas. Coming back for the event was fun but reminded me a lot of the MM problems still exist which sucks the fun out of the game.

  • @jamally093 said:

    No matter how long I take a break I'm still put at way to high of skilled players when clearly I'm not supposed to be. No matter what OLD MATCHMAKING was better Skill based is not good or even decent during the PTB it was actually fair and that PTB was public meaning something happened that screwed it up when it went live what was it who knows will they actually make matchmaking good again probably not.

    Huh?

    Old matchmaking had nothing to do with skill half the time. Remember, once a month everyone's 'MMR' basically got reset. And I was in purple ranks in a few weeks, having just started.

    New MMR isn't perfect, but it's miles better.

    @Ripley said:

    They never fixed age old problem of "any match is better than no match" ideology, wait times and skipped lobbies. I'm going to take another extended break after Xmas. Coming back for the event was fun but reminded me a lot of the MM problems still exist which sucks the fun out of the game.

    Wait times have actually been way better since the last patch, at least on my end. Haven't started on killer yet (I iri 1 first, then do survivor) but it seems faster. Probably incentives coming back.

    Lobby dodges...yeah. But dodge those yourself.