Various balances towards Killer and some survivor

In general the game is very survivor favoring it seems. Here are a few suggestions that I think would really.make the game more balanced, more fun to play as killer, and would make the game actually scary as a survivor. 

1. Killers being able to close hatch- this really gets rid of the unnecessary standoffs and removes survivors being rewarded for either having bad teammates or being a bad teammate.

2. Buff a few perks to actually be more useful. I think of monstrous shrine and surveillance specifically, as well as others. These perks and others have so many flaws that they need to be buffed in order to actually be useful. 

3. Fix freedy- not really an overall killer issue but he still is generally awful

4. Killer without perks can damage gens- having the killer knock 5% progress of with a hit totally seems reasonable and makes stopping gens much more meaningful. 

5. Either nerf self care or buff other survivor perks/nerf hex ruin or buff other perks - its a shame that these, and a few other perks, are primarily must have perks for each game. The game really deserves some more variety but I think these perks are so good that they just become required for a consistency in each game. 

6. Remove locker hiding- killers already have enough anti BBQ without this. I do think survivors should be unable to see people outside or be able to see people inside. I
This adds a lot of fear and makes it more interesting. 

7. Totem placement-- either give the killer 15 seconds to pick the totem spot before the game starts by toggling placements or make the spots more consistent. Some games I'll spawn across the map and it will spawn right by a survivor and be gone before I can protect it.

8. Add very rare items for survivors--I think it would be cool to see a few more stronger varients of items to give survivors strong flashlights, med kits, etc. I think adding the fireworks again would be a great component to make escapes easier. 

9. Allow survivors to see builds before game of fellow survivors.- I think this would make sense to have the forethought before the game but it would really make teams feel more like teams. 

10. Quiiter bonus buff- give killers the same amount of points as a whole down, hook, and sacrifice since killers actually lose on this. Also, lock players out for quitting for periods of time to help lessen the prevalence of quitters. I feel like I see quitters in most games now and getting 0 blood points doesn't seem enough reason for them to quit sadly

Comments

  • Some buffs for characters

    1. Look into buffing a few survivors whole perk set. Some characters don't really seem worth advancing because all of, or hardly any, of their perks are worth getting. Ace is a prime example of a survivor that doesn't seem worth using because his best perk is mediocre, where as the other two seem like a waste of time. Look into making more variable options for builds instead of making standard builds for survivors (and similarly for killers but there is a little more variety in killers).

    2. Freddy--make him actually a threat and make sleep state much harder to get out of and even makes it more of a negative for survivors to stay in it beyond finally allowing Freddy to hit them

    3. Wraith- buff. There are a few options here. Shorten the bell time, make the bell give off an effect of some sort, decrease slowing speed after uncloaking. The wraith loses so much momentum going out of clock that it makes cloaking is almost worthless and it's just better off to regular chase. He just feels like a bad stealth killer when he almost feels like he ought to be super good. 

    4. Pig buff- slight buff. Make the traps more meaningful. I think these should in general be required to take off before escaping since logically running away with a trap ought to still kill you.. .plus the traps right now feel ineffective and a pointless mini game. I've only seen 4 kills with traps in the dozens of pig games I've played.

    5.legion- alright there are a number of things people complain about but my primary issues are the 110 movement, especially for a killer whose power is to sprint seems illogical. Remove the instant lose feral frenzy meter with multiple hits, maybe even allow it to drain a portion of meter but not the rest. Also, remove no scratch marks in feral frenzy. This just makes the power a detriment at times which should t be the case for a power. Even just a few of these changes would be great

    6. Clown - this I don't feel as strongly about but I think the clown would do well to have a faster throw trajectory, even if thus required 5% reduction in speed. 

  • Already mentioned in a seperate post, but still worth mentioning is to lengthen the game somehow either by lengthening the generator repairs or with adding additional objectives that must be completed. 
  • Also allowing killer the chance to decrease progress on exit gate would be fair and I think makes sense
  • Also allowing killer the chance to decrease progress on exit gate would be fair and I think makes sense
    Remember me perk?
  • Larcz said:
    Also allowing killer the chance to decrease progress on exit gate would be fair and I think makes sense
    Remember me perk?
    I mean this as regress progress, like generators do. Remember me is nice though
  • Larcz said:
    Also allowing killer the chance to decrease progress on exit gate would be fair and I think makes sense
    Remember me perk?
    I mean this as regress progress, like generators do. Remember me is nice though
    Ah sry well about that like gate start close automatic after some time will be nice.
  • Yeah i could see that being reasonable