All Of Rebecca's Perks Need Changes
...So here are my suggestions!
Hyperfocus: This is the big elephant in the room, and the perk that clearly needs changes the most. I'll echo certain other suggestions and just say that it shouldn't work with toolboxes; this change would preserve its intended function and still allow for strong synergy with Stake Out, but would cut down considerably on the amount of skill checks generated, and thus the amount of extra progress.
Reassurance: While I don't think this perk was outright butchered, as some seem to, I do think it was made weaker than it needed to be in order to avoid an admittedly quite niche problem area. My suggestion: Have it work once per hook state, not per hook action. That way it still has a hard limit and can't be used to keep people in the trial indefinitely for pure griefing purposes, but is a lot stronger against hard camping, which is what it's supposed to do.
Better Than New: I absolutely agree with having the generator repair speed removed from this perk's benefits, even if it wasn't all that strong on its own even with it. I also don't actually think this perk is that bad, it's just niche-- but it can fill that niche a little better, so here's my pitch: What if Better Than New also gave a vault speed buff to the person you heal, until they're injured again? It'd probably have to be a different number to the other buffs, but it'd allow the perk to provide some value regardless of what that survivor ends up doing after you heal them, save for if they choose to do generators. At least if they're chased, they'll get a little bonus to help them out, until they're smacked again.
What do you guys think?
Comments
These are good, common sense changes.