Text chat for console?

This has probably been asked before, or there are some limitations making it difficult, but I play on Xbox and I'd really like to communicate or atleast see what other players have to say after a match. (I swear im not mean or anything i just wanna see what funny stuff people have to say to or about me)

Comments

  • personally i can type pretty fast with a controller but i'd much rather just be able to see what others are saying

  • I don't think there's any plans for that and I wouldn't want it. I personally don't care about endgame chats unless someone messages me first which is one reason I find people who go out of their way to send salt to be silly people.

    I almost wish endgame chats didn't exist because they just spread toxicity. Sometimes I'm not so sure the positive moments are worth it.

  • Generally when someone is trying to talk to me its not a bad thing, for example, I made a friend recently because they were on pc and found my name on Xbox. I feel like that would happen more often were it not for the limitations, plus I have only seen one person ever message me angrily, and I just talked to them until they weren't mad about the match anymore. I feel like it applies differently depending on the person, though I see where you stand on the topic and I do agree that it could be toxic, however you couldn't always simply disable the chat/messages? Even with that I know I'm not alone on this, I still think it would be nice, however I'm not getting my hopes up.