Idea to help with the SWF "problem"
Introduce a casual and ranked mode:
Casual = Group play (swfs, killer+1/2/3 surivors in a group, etc.)
Ranked=All Solos
Introduce rewards at end of each season for achieving higher ranks (Cosmetics, specifically), and introduce rank decay. This incentivizes people (survivors, mostly, since this would be the preferred killer mode imo) to play ranked mode. To earn those sweet end of season rewards, and keep playing to prevent rank decay from striping those rewards away.
On the flip side, make casual mode for killer work more like KYF, where all killers have all perks. This would incentivize killers to this mode, allowing them to try new builds or try things that wouldn't necessarily be optimal without fear of deranking. Killers could also invite their friends to play in casual mode with them. I know there are a number of times where I've had 2 or 3 friends that wanted to play killer, but we couldn't find a slot to fill for KYF. (This has some potential for abuse, but its to be expected in game modes where you vs your friends),
Comments
Remove SWF. Done
Won't work. people want to play with their friends. Just make it a casual game mode
Personally I'm not a SWF friends fan, I prefer F13th proximity chat myself
Ehh, while SWF can really annoy me when I'm playing as Killer, the most amount of fun I have with this game is when I play with my 1 friend whom I bought the game to play with. Not being able to play in a ranked setting him would put me off the game a lot, I didn't buy it to play with randoms who I have no way to communicate with other than 2 emotes and a few crouches. I can see a lot of survivors not enjoying the game as much if SWF was just a casual KYF type mode. Got to disagree, but it's good to see somebody providing an alternative rather than just 'remove SWF entirely.' as I see a lot of posts saying that.
Just going to nitpick a couple of things here:
I'll be honest, I don't think it's that big of a problem. The vast majority of the groups I've played against have been casual players- just a couple friends hanging out and chatting as they play. The 'tryhard' groups are very few and far between and only make up a very, very small section of the players. Even still, a good group of solo survivors will pose almost just as much of a challenge as an experienced group. Someone being in voice chat doesn't make them any better in a chase, it just helps them co-ordinate a little better. A good survivor will have an easy time tracking the killer and know when they should be doing generators or going for a save.
If anything, I think the changes should be subtle. Bring the solo survivors up to the same level by giving them little bits of information, and then give killers a slight buff as well to compensate. It was mentioned a while back that making kindred baseline would help balance things, since that information is already available to a group in voice chat but not for solo survivors. In my experience, killing most groups is very doable, and making massive sweeping changes for the few exceptional cases would be overkill, and I feel like it would get stale steamrolling over casual groups of friends over and over.
That's a bad argument, saying that not all SWF groups are that.
It's exactly like saying "Not everyone uses third party cheats in GTA 5 Online in order to screw people over, some just use it for messing around, so it is fineeeeee!".
SWF allows for the game balance to be thrown out the window, rendering multiple killers semi unplayable with a minimal amount of communication from survivor team (voip; a communication that was never supposed to be in the game in the first place!), plentiful of perks are useless too and game mechanics too...
The sole reason it allows for such things should rise a red flag and be changed.
Personally, I find SWF annoying to play with as a solo player, there is almost nothing worse than playing as a solo player in a lobby of 3 man SWF... enjoy being their BP pinata in case you get caught. Happens way too often in red ranks.
No, people want to dominate and get BP because they played with their friends. The stupid claim that if they remove it then SWF players would abuse the lobbies to try to ensure they got in could easily be countered by not showing the other players identities or characters to each other. SWF should not reward BP or anything for that matter. Having free perks given to you without equipping them is ridiculous.
Then we have totems. Nothing worse than chasing 1 guy who runs last your totem then 10 seconds later you see the whole gang running down there. How do you balance that?
2. I agree. It should be the other way around: casual -> u need to unlock everything
Ranked -> everything is unlocked
Same with shooter games with a league system
3. I agree
You don't have enough players to support multiple game modes with the current lobby finding system. Long wait times will become standard.
Not everyone plays this game on try hard mode.
Eliminate survive with friends people will go play something else with their friends.