The Hillbilly is the most fun and interactive killer in dead by daylight

What makes DBD fun is the chase, both chasing survs and being chased by the killer are the most fun things in the game. Thus, a fun to vs and play killer is one that is:

1. Skillful to utilize and master; so that there's plenty of room to improve on the killers end and you can respect the time they put in from the survs end

And

2. Reliable counterplay and ability to punish survs mistakes; so that survs have something reliable to work with to outplay them and the killer has the ability to punish wrong read from the survs.


Billy has both of these.

Takes thousands of hours to not only master the mechanical skill of curving and feathering accurately but also to build the game knowledge and map knowledge to know how to zone efficiently and utilize your map mobility to it's max potential.

He also has extremely reliable counterplay such as; going wide on tiles when Billy is going for a curve, crouching next to corners Billy is about to curve causing him to glide off of you (crouch tech), getting in corners of tiles that Billy is about to curve so that he goes around you, and of course dropping pallets early. And almost all of these pieces of counterplay if read by the Billy will result in a down punishing the surv.

I plead my case, may be a tad biased cause I'm a billy main but come-on. Show Billy players more love. They play a difficult to learn and average strength killer that's fun to vs and most even play without slowdowns. Spread the love

Comments

  • @Sava18 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3297778#Comment_3297778

    I guess it depends in what way. Playing most tiles in the game, it's less efficient. It does genuinely save rushes in other places that lead to hits though. The hug tech is simply not fast enough to get a hit on a survivor that is paying attention, although small flat tiles like the tank treads on MacMillan its the only way to play them. I don't know what the point making your first comment if you weren't prepared to actually converse was. Was it just to provoke me on the dbd forums lol. Tell me why hasn't the hug tech been removed yet? It's been 8 months since Mandy made the comment and no dev has commented on it, it probably won't get removed. Like I get it, your stuck in the past playing your clunky abusable character when blight just allows for more skill expression.

    You can keep living in that world of yours where you think that Blight takes more skill.

    Why should I tell you why it wasn't removed yet? I am not the dev, you are giving me nonsense questions.

    Keep abusing the exploit and busted addons on your easy killer. :D

    You came here first, talking about how great your killer is when NOBODY asked.

    People like you who abuse bugs should be permanently banned from the game.

  • Agreed. He's definitely one of, if not the most fun killer to go against. I always respect and give props to any Billy I come across (incl the one I went against yesterday). The chases are always fun. Whether you're a good Billy player or a bad one, it doesn't really matter to me. Its a refreshing change from Blights, Nurses, Huntresses, Weskers & the normal selected variety we all see.

    S/o to all the people who give him a try or are insanely good with him and bring in some awesome and scary builds.

    Was on Rotten Fields the other week against a Billy running Iridescent Brick (at least I think it was, didn't stay to end game chat sadly to check) coupled with Hex: Plaything. So everyone had to be constantly weary of where he was or coming from. Corn fields played a huge part in favor for him, so we were all tip toeing around since he was able to show up in a split second with no terror radius. We all died but it was a very close game, and one of the more & fun matches I can think of in a good while.

  • @ProHillbillyMain said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3297924#Comment_3297924

    You can keep living in that world of yours where you think that Blight takes more skill.

    Why should I tell you why it wasn't removed yet? I am not the dev, you are giving me nonsense questions.

    Keep abusing the exploit and busted addons on your easy killer. :D

    You came here first, talking about how great your killer is when NOBODY asked.

    People like you who abuse bugs should be permanently banned from the game.

    Yeah, pretty much what I thought. There's no point in being on the forums if this how you talk. You are quite likely bad at this game so I guess I shouldn't really be concerned with your opinion.

  • @Sava18 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3297959#Comment_3297959

    Yeah, pretty much what I thought. There's no point in being on the forums if this how you talk. You are quite likely bad at this game so I guess I shouldn't really be concerned with your opinion.

    If you think you are that good and smart about the game and blight, you might as well can drop your id here and we can do a custom game.

    Like you are literally Blight main that mains him with alch ring + crow and you use hug tech, that's not skill, that's literally skill issue. lol

  • @Chadku said:

    I remember playing him so much before his nerf and almost never touching him afterwards.

    Has anyone ever figured out how the Buckle addons works on Hillbilly?

    8m less TR after you´ve overheated your chainsaw on purpose seems kinda lackluster

    All you need to do is overheat your chainsaw to get your terror radius lowered by 8 meters.

    Which is pretty much useless cuz you overheat your chainsaw only during the chase. That addon should just get a complete rework, maybe bring back cooldown addons, even Bubba still has a brown one.

1 2 ›