Can we get rid of Unhook challenges?

Would it be possible in the future to just do away with challenges like these? I know they're not the absolute worst / most challenging to do as survivor but they encourage game throwing gameplay and it just lowers the quality of most games. A lot of survivor challenges typically result in a player throwing the game to get them but these ruin the game for two people. You quite literally have players running to hook ensuring they're the first to unhook at any cost whether they end up hook trading when they didn't need to, the unhooked gets tunneled or losing objectives over it.

A lot of challenges ruin the game for survivors but this one in particular ruins it directly for the person getting unhooked most of the time. You can easily argue this is a player issue - perfectly fair. But it's easier to just not have this issue exist. Most players can't be trusted with simple things like this because if they see an easy way to get something they're going to take it even at the expense of other players.

Am I making this thread out of annoyance? Absolutely. But I see this every time a new archive unlocks and this challenge happens to be in the path of nodes you need to complete to finish the tome. Survivor challenges ruin the quality of games but this one in particular immediately ruins it for the person getting farmed.

In the very least - if we can't remove it can we make changes to this challenge that doesn't encourage hook diving when it's unnecessary? Maybe requiring less unhooks overall for these type of challenges but both players not go down for a duration?

And for full context - I didn't personally get farmed but I've had what? 5 Games in a row where this has suddenly started happening. Taking a glance at the Bone Chill tome it's one of the first challenges in the web for survivor. It's annoying and honestly why I just primarily play killer. At least as killer if my game is ruined it's going to likely be because I failed to do something not because of another player sabotaging it for their rewards.

Comments