I worry for this community sometimes...
I had a fun little experience that leaves me a bit concerned about how this community behaves.
A little backstory. I was playing Pyramid Head and I tunnelled. I have no qualms about admitting it. People were going for uncages in my face, and unhooking while they are injured. Anyone that's played against a PH knows why this is a terrible idea, so I punished them for it.
I had, let's say, experiences with Pre-Nerf Spirit that taught me to disable my messages. They can't give me salt and we get to move on. Everyone's happy at the end of the day because it's just a game and we can all move on.
Next thing you know, I get a friend request! I'm not gonna say their name or which platform (besides it being console), but it went something along the lines of "trashtunneller"
And this was sent mid-match. So I doubt they made an alt that quick. That leaves two possibilities.
1) This person shelled out actual cash just to change their name (because it's not free on console) just to throw a childish insult.
2) This guy had an alt on reserve with that name just to insult people that tunnel, and only if they're on the same platform, and only if they had their messages blocked.
I... I have no words for this one. I worry for this community sometimes.
Comments
Do you think they created variants ? They might have a whole library of every single offense ever done against them, ready for friends requests !
I bet they thought themselves very clever...
If I was a killer that tunnelled, I would disable messages also.
Why would you accept a friend request from somebody you don’t know?
I didn't accept the request. I just read their name.