Trying to use the snowmen tactically or just trying to jumpscare them with people, looking for tips.
The moment I learned that killers could hide inside the snowmen this year, the first thing I did was start trying to use them to jumpscare survivors, every 10 or so games it actually works, I'm able to sneak up on someone by hiding in a snowman, but most of the time the moment the survivors see a snowman moving, they're either in comms so I'm immediately outed through the process of elimination, or they just start running anyway.
I think a big part of the issue comes from the fact that outside of goofing around, nobody really uses the snowmen, which is fine since last year was a pain to play killer due to the fact that you could use them to tank a hit. But because of that, outside of the rare occasion where survivors use the snowmen to hide, the moment you see a moving snowman, there's very little ambiguity about whether it's a survivor or killer.
Back to the main thing I wanna discuss in this thread, is there a way to synergize my killer loadout to better synergize with the snowmen, not even so I can "win", just so I can jumpscare survivors with the silly haha snowman.
Comments
I had a match on Badham IV against a Nurse, I was repairing the gen in the 2 story house that only 1 person can get on.
Dude went far enough away so heartbeat dropped, and 10 seconds later..A snowman shows up and actually spooks me cause I wasn't expecting that (or knew heartbeat dropped). Just stares at me for a good few seconds, blocking the doorway so I'm just stuck there by the gen lol. Then out pops the Nurse.
Later on, saw them using the snowman to deceive my teammates working on gen and approach them innocently.
That was my first match of the event. 10/10.
I've seen both killers use it tactically (waiting near a hooked teammate in a snowman for example) as well as to jumpscare or surprise players. Either way I'm all for it.
I've not tried it yet, but infinite T3 Myers could be fun if it works. Just walk up n instadown em haha
I've been using snowmen as a survivor to terrorize my teammates. It amuses me to watch them freak out as I chase em, then they round a corner into the killer snowman. Ok...the last part only happened once, but it was freakin hilarious
I mean, survivors know that the killer can use them now. A teensy bit of healthy paranoia will tell you to be cautious when a snowman’s approaching, especially if you didn’t see who entered it.
That’s not a SWF thing.
Last night I had a match as killer. I had already 2 hooked everyone and I typically just let everyone go at that point so I thought I'd mess around with a snowman.
I found one next to a generator in a central area and climbed inside, positioning it so I could just barely see the generator, and waited.
One survivor came and started working on the generator. I waited. A second survivor got on the generator as well. I stood still, letting them work for about 10 seconds, then I slowly turned the snowman toward the generator and jumped out.
I really hope they saw it happen.